GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy its been bugging me to death since i keep my 2013 Acadia really clean but seats are rusted where metal is now i took one seat out to work on that rust what do you guys recommend in paint department i am thinking of this tremclad professional high performance rust enamel and primer spray paint thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Was this thing in a flood? Have not seen that much rust on seat tracks.

Looks to be mostly surface rust. I would start by cleaning up the rust using naval jelly followed by a rust converter spray. After that you should be able to use the paint of your choice. I would be concerned about getting too heavy a coat of paint in the actual track where the seat slides.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hi guy its been bugging me to death since i keep my 2013 Acadia really clean but seats are rusted where metal is now i took one seat out to work on that rust what do you guys recommend in paint department i am thinking of this tremclad professional high performance rust enamel and primer spray paint thanks guys
I've seen and read of others having similar rust on the seat rails and metal under the seats. It seems more prevalent in some years and vehicles than others. Often, parking outside or living in areas of wide temperature and humidity changes seem to experience it more along with routine parking outdoors.

I would think cleaning the surface rust away and then using something like you mention or Rustoleum would do the job.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was this thing in a flood? Have not seen that much rust on seat tracks.

Looks to be mostly surface rust. I would start by cleaning up the rust using naval jelly followed by a rust converter spray. After that you should be able to use the paint of your choice. I would be concerned about getting too heavy a coat of paint in the actual track where the seat slides.
no flood lol just happened just its surface rust i am in Canada so lost of weather changes cold hot humid ect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heating and air conditioning carries alot of moisture that will then condense out on metal surfaces inside a closed vehicle...like ice inside a glass on your drinks.. if you have a garage..keep your windows open on the car a few inches to allow for moisture evaporation..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts