GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any running boards besides the chrome tubular assist steps? We saw those in the showroom and they're okay, but are a bit chunky and look like something that'd be on a pickup. We'd like something a little sleeker that integrates with the body better.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to tell from the pic in that link if they're the same as we saw. But what we saw is definitely what's currently shown on the Acadia accessories page

(Go to http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/index.jsp hit Accessories, then on the popup floating menu click the rightmost image in the 2nd row of images)

Those dont mount flush with the body, and don't go all the way to the wheel wells.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I see what you mean--they look like the same ones to me.

I guess your best bet is to either wait and see from the aftermarket folks, or contact the aftermarket suppliers and let them know there is a ready market and tell them the kind you'd like. You could be the "ping" they need to make happen quicker.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
In the gallery at enclaveforum.net, I noticed an enclave with nice integrated running boards. I wonder if these are available for the Acadia as well? Or even how they'd look...

·
Registered
403 Posts
That's what I'd want to have on the Acadia, I don't like the chrome design. If anyone does add the Enclave running boards to the Acadia, please post a picture!

·
Registered
27 Posts
is it just me or is that enclave two colors?

·
Registered
159 Posts
ha.. no it really is two colors, it was part of a buick test drive show or something i cant remember exactly..
oh and the enclaves integrated assist steps will NOT work for the acadia because it replaces part of the bottom trim and the enclave and acadia have all different sheet metal.. so it wouldnt fit right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts