GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the Acadia running boards. We have the White Diamond color and I think they look very nice. It took me about 90 minutes total to install, 15 minutes was wasted by my misreading the directiosn. All in all they are pretty easy. The only tool you have to have is a 13mm open end wrench. Of course a socket makes the job easier and a crows foot woudl help on the top nuts on the front brackets.

One tip if yo are going to do this:

Before you assemble, thread the nuts onto the associated bolts and thread all the way down, then remove. This allows you to finger tighten them when you assemble and makes the job easier. There are u bolts on each of the brackets where this really pays off, Of course I figured that out on the 4th bracket out of 4, but oh well.

All in all, they appear very strong and well designed. Everything fit well with no problems. The brackets are almost centered under the door, so you will generally step near a bracket giving added strength.

I got them from gmparts direct along with some other stuff. Price was $450 plus 11 shipping. Great deal. I also got the hitch insert and ball. The ball needs 240 ft-lb of torque on the nut. I will be taking that in to get torqued. I don't have a wrench or vise big enough for the job.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Nice write up of the job, thank you :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have any pictures you can post? I am thinking about installing them on mine and would like to see what they look like.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you go to the GMC site and then to the accessories link, they have pictures of the installed running boards. With the height of the Acadia, I probably wouldn't use them except to get my pant's leg dirty! ;D

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Factory running boards look better than I originally pictured. Not sure if it distracts from appearance or not. I saw a white Acadia the other day with a smoke bug shield and really made the front end very unattractive IMO. Running boards for me, not sure yet, and wife hasn't complained and she is only 5-5. Nice write up, Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.