GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one here have the OEM running boards and splash guards? Driving 15mph down I-94 with a good 6in of snow on the ground results in a lot of ice packed in the wheel wells and on the running board.

In the pic below some of the snow on the boards is from snowfall that occurred after I parked in but the stuff under the front doors is solid brown ice.

Do the splash guards help any?

BTW - this is what it looks like outside right now, apparently it is Spring somewhere...

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Splash guards do their intended job very well - they restrict debrit flow to the rear....

I can't imagine a splash guard improving the snow buildup - just the opposite. Probably the reason they don't come standard.

Based on the accumulation shown in the photo, it's hard to tell if the accumulation started at the running board level and built up the wheel well, or if it was a gradual build up along the current accumulated area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey newbie....

I see you're from an area with lots of snow. Do you have the FWD or AWD version?

I'm just about to get a new Acadia, and live in MN, and am debating on whether to go FWD or AWD. I know I don't "need" AWD, but trying to see what people's thoughts are on FWD's in the snow (in areas like MN)?

ANy thoughts?

Also, running boards look sharp? Where did you get them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the "splash guards" and they work great. I've not driven in that amount for that long, but they definately keep most mud and snow off the bottom of our Outlook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts