GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Was just talking to a dealership for I'm on the hunt for an Acadia. Got lucky and was talking to the owner and he mentioned he heard a rumor that there may be an additional $500 rebate for purchases on Monday and Tuesday. That would be in addition to the current $500 and $1000 customer rebates.

My goal is to negotiate a new Acadia for about $300 above invoice, BEFORE any rebates are accounted for. After all, why should a dealer consider rebates when negotiating a sell price? They still make PLENTY of $$$ if they sell a few hundred over invoice.
I keep getting quoted $1500 off MSRP, including the rebates, and it's beginning to bug me. Some dealer will eventually realize that I will buy on the spot if the price is right. Yes, the Acadia's may be "flying off the showroom floor," but there will be someone out there willing to sell at the price I'm looking for. Just gotta keep focused and persistent!
Yours,
Pipes

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's what I found:

GM Gears Up for More Discount Deals
The Daily Auto Insider
Friday, February 9, 2007

General Motors is planning to offer two major incentive campaigns in coming months, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing the company's top sales and marketing executive.

GM Vice President Mark LaNeve, speaking with the WSJ during an interview at the Chicago auto show, said the company will once again hold its regular President's Day sale, a five- or six-day event to be held around the Feb. 19 holiday.

He also said the company will stage its annual March Madness sale that corresponds with the NCAA college basketball tournament. He did not give details of the forthcoming marketing programs but the WSJ noted that GM is hoping the discounts can help the company return to its desirable retail-selling rate following its disappointing January result.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hopefully, we'll begin to see more aggressive incentives for the Acadia soon...

GMC is offering 0% financing on the Sierra Classic, and Chevrolet is offering $3,000 cash back on the Silverado. That's pretty good considering this truck received MT's ToTY award. What do others think?

I believe I'll wait and see what happens over the next two months......... but I would buy one today if they had 0% financing, or at least offered more on rebates. :'(

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Sierra Classic and Silverados with the 3000 rebate are not the new style trucks. They are the old body carried over from the previous generation.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am hearing nothing new on the Acadia, they may decide to offer 0% financing for 36 months, but not to sure yet...

Adam

·
Registered
182 Posts
aahhhha.......hence the "classic" moniker.........well, maybe we'll see something soon. I don't know if I can wait that long though. :-\

·
Registered
364 Posts
Some good news on the latest rebate's & interest rate incentives.

I just went to pick up my wife's new Acadia. I hadn't planned on financing, but they said 0.0% for 36 months started today, so I financed it and left my money where it was to keep earning some interest.

GM's past month's "special rate" on the Acadia of 4.9% @ 36 months means that GMAC is giving up $2328 in interest on a $30K loan at 0.0% interest--this is a great deal!

They also said that when I ordered the car ( I have a copy of the GMC web-site build your own) XM radio was a $199 charge and when the car came in it is included w/out extra charge--another uplanned $199 savings.

Thus, my orginal $40674 MSRP was reduced by $1949 discount, $1000 conquest rebate, and $500 cash rebate for a net price of $435 below invoice. When you add the "opportunty" 0.0% rate interest savings of $2328 over their 4.9% "special" interest rate, the car deal works out to $2763 below invoice.

Is this a great country of what--God Bless America, GM, and GMAC!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no rumor - it is fact. GM has announced on their website at www.gm.com. 0% on the ACADIA (not sure if it is 36 months or 60 months).

Many other GM vehicles have the same promotion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
gpayer said:
There is no rumor - it is fact. GM has announced on their website at www.gm.com. 0% on the ACADIA (not sure if it is 36 months or 60 months).

Many other GM vehicles have the same promotion.
Is this in addition to the conquest and the $500 that is already offered on the vehicle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
gpayer said:
There is no rumor - it is fact.
According to the website, the 0.0% depends on what state/region you're in. For example, it's 0.0% + $500 in California/West, but 4.9 % + $1,000 in Connecticut/Northeast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I presume you can use all of the other existing rebates on the Acadia - but I haven't been able to reach my dealer yet.

I am planning on forcing my dealer to give me the $500 (in Minnesota), plus $1,000 Conquest, and I get a $1,000 DP reduction from my GMAC Early Lease Return (not to mention avoiding my last payment of $521).

I am putting the call in now on a SLT-2

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just talked to my dealer and the 0% interest is on 36 month financing only. I don't think this is going to be real helpful to the general car buying public as most people finance over a 60 month period.

Maybe we should put this up as a poll too??

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is Presidential since my Acadia should be arriving in the next week or so.

I have a question about this Conquest Cash rebate of $1000 that everyone here seems to know about. I have not found anything on the GMC or GM websites discussing this rebate, and if it is written anywhere, I would prefer to go to the dealer with it in hand.

If anyone can help me find a reference to this, I sure would appreciate your help.

·
Registered
364 Posts
BobBoots,

For Conquest rebate, see: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/gmc/acadia/100819750/incentives.html

$1000 Cash to Customer start: 01/03/2007 end: 02/28/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
Restrictions Conquest Bonus Cash is available to customers who currently own or lease a non-GM vehicle (non-Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, GMC, Saab, Saturn, or HUMMER). See dealer for details.
Comments Consumers are not required to trade in their current vehicles. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No new rebates mentioned yet.....I would say GM will be running a March Madness sale though..

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Edmunds had stripped all but the military bonus from the Acadia incentives page as of this morning.

·
Registered
307 Posts
admin said:
Edmunds had stripped all but the military bonus from the Acadia incentives page as of this morning.
GMC website still shows $500 bonus cash for my area (Georgia) along with the military discount, but that's it. I bet there will be more to come just around the corner!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
March programs

Lease rates and MF remain the same.

0% Financing is still available.

$1000 conquest is stillout there.

Allother money has been stripped away.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts