GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoooo-hooooo my 5 week wait is over!

I just picked up my Acadia Friday night and snapped these pics the following morning. I went with a White Diamond color SLT2 optioned with Navi, DVD Entertainment, Dual Skyscape sunroof, HUD, HID lights, and power liftgate. On order is my running boards. Should have them on by next week.

My 24hr observations:

White Diamond Tricoat is beautiful. You really have to see it in person, to appreciate the color, especially when parked next to a regular white vehicle. The pictures below don’t do justice.

Wow – this thing drives so smooth. Coming from my Jeep Liberty to this is like night and day.

My kids love the TV (educational movies only)

Wife loves the Navi and XM radio (I hate how some of the scrolling capabilities is disabled when in drive.)

Didn’t know that when in park the Navi screen also displays the movie that the folks in the rear are watching.

This thing is big. It’s only a foot longer then my Honda Pilot. But sitting in the driver’s seat, it feels much bigger then that. My Pilot is nice for quick drives for misc errands. Our Acadia becomes our luxo cruiser.

After only driving the car for two nights, I think I’ve been “high beam” flashed by about a 5-6 drivers. On one occasion I flashed back with my high beams to show them the difference.

I’m not a big fan of the driver’s outside rear view mirror being that green tinted shade to cut down on other car’s headlights. At night it looks really dark when I try to lane change. By the way, the passenger outside rear view mirror looks like a normal mirror. Is this correct?

Backing up is a bit difficult. But I guess since our original vehicle of choice was a mini-van, it would have been no better. The ultrasonic rear park sensors help.

I’m thinking of adding a TV Tuner and diversity antennas. I have these in my Honda Pilot. Near the city I get good reception. I mainly use it to watch things like sports (baseball / football) while the wife shops in the grocery.

Enjoy my pictures below… I tried to take a couple different ones, since we have many Acadia pictures already here.

-- Chicago Paul

You can see the difference in wheelbase between my Pilot and Acadia.

Spare tire underneath.

Underneath shot from the rear.

Underneath shot from the front.

HID's - man people keep "high beam" flashing me becuase of these.

This is the little pocket by the front passenger seat. What the heck do they expect us to store in here?

This center glove box is deep!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow, Looks Great :blob: Have not seen one in this color yet!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Very nice! :thumb: I like seeing it compared to your Pilot. My husband and I were just wondering how it would compare to his old "stupid" truck when putting it in the garage and that answers alot! :cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, nice ride!!!! Thanks for the great pics. FWIW: right now, I keep a microfiber cloth in that little pocket by the driver's side door. Good for keeping the dust and those little smudges at bay... :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow! That's my baby--only I've been waiting 12 weeks and still hasn't been shipped from Lansing. At least, that is what I have been told. :banghead:

It is so nice to see the color--love it! Enjoy! :thumb:

janmarie

·
Registered
497 Posts
Congrats on crossing over to Acadia. Great set of pics, Rufio. Thanks for postiing. A few shots nobody else has posted.

Wonder what happens if you set the NAV for a trip from Chicago to San Juan, PR? What will it tell us to do about crossing the water?

FWIW, given all the posts about getting flashed by others because of Acadia's HIDs, I've had mine 3 weeks and it's only happened once. And, the car gets driven in the dark on freeways and mountain and back country roads (very dark) in WV each weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Wow... the white diamond really is an awesome color! Congrats! Glad your wait is over. :)

Where in Illinois? Maybe I might have to keep an eye out for you on the road? ;D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rufio- Would you add the TV Tuner to the Nav or the DVD Screen??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clsuper said:
Wow, nice ride!!!! Thanks for the great pics. FWIW: right now, I keep a microfiber cloth in that little pocket by the driver's side door. Good for keeping the dust and those little smudges at bay... :)
clsuper,

Great Idea. I'm going to do the same.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gmoney_2010 said:
Rufio- Would you add the TV Tuner to the Nav or the DVD Screen??
Hi Gmoney_2010,

I think I would add it to the DVD screen in back.

In my Pilot. I hid the tuner and diversity antennas in the back trunk comparment (similar to the Acadia's back trunk comparment). Power came came from the rear power plugs. Then I bought a really long RCA cable and lined it under the carpet and under the 2nd and 3rd row seats. Then when ever someone in the back wants to watch TV they just reach under the 2nd row bench, grab the RCA cables and plug em in to and watch. Yeah not very professional. But serves the purpose and is hidden when not in use.

Not sure yet how I'm going to do this in the Acadia, since it has captains chairs in the 2nd row. Makes it hard to hide the RCA cables. Perhaps I hide everything under the driver/passenger chair. Might look ugly cuz it's easier to see the clutter there. Gotta think about this one.

-- Paul

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you know if/how you could put a TV tuner on the Nav?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great pictures, enjoy. I didn't even know the center console was so big and that the trays came out. Learn a little bit more every day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Web Raven said:
Wow... the white diamond really is an awesome color! Congrats! Glad your wait is over. :)

Where in Illinois? Maybe I might have to keep an eye out for you on the road? ;D
I live in Naperville area. So way opposite side from Gurnee. But I frequent Schaumburg, Niles, and Chicago quite a bit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gmoney_2010 said:
Do you know if/how you could put a TV tuner on the Nav?
Not sure. For me it has to be something that can just be plugged in. I don't want to rip up my dash. My cheap TV tuner only has RCA outputs. I'm sure there are many others out there with all kinds of outputs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Love the different angles of the car! COngrats and enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Rufio said:
Web Raven said:

I live in Naperville area. So way opposite side from Gurnee. But I frequent Schaumburg, Niles, and Chicago quite a bit.
I was just through Naperville earlier this week visiting a relative. Don't get down that way much though. I work in Chicago, but commute on the train. Ah well, you never know, one day we may pass each other on the road. :)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Phenomenal pics, Rufio! Great looking Acadia! Congrats...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrat! Great pictures, it looks awsome!

- Anthony

·
Registered
165 Posts
janmarie said:
Wow! That's my baby--only I've been waiting 12 weeks and still hasn't been shipped from Lansing. At least, that is what I have been told. :banghead:

It is so nice to see the color--love it! Enjoy! :thumb:

janmarie
janmarie...I love your dog photo in the bluebonnets. I can't believe I'm missing the bluebonnets for the first time in my life! I used to live in San Marcos and moved to Oregon last summer. I'm really missing the Texas weather right about now. It's still cold and wet here. I was thinking about starting at Texas thread. What do you think?

Melanie

1 - 20 of 66 Posts