GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our 08 Acadia last Tues. So far we love it!

We have three kids the oldest 4 at the moment so the future of the Acadia will be busy. I want to get some all weather floor mats and have been doing some reading online here.

For those that live in snow country and have the Rubbertites how well would you say they work? I like the way they look in some of the online pics but I'm worried about the lack of raised edges. The Huskeys look good around the edges but don't have any recessed holes to catch water.

How is the front driver/passenger coverage compare on the Rubbertites to the Huskeys?

Help me decide. I'm so confused. I'd buy both if I could get them at a brick and mortar since it would be much easier to return them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the Rubbertites on the 2nd and 3rd row..they are just okay..did prevent snow from getting into my carpet..but not really a full coverage especially along the sides of my captain's chair...i saw a pic of the Hexomats that extends along the sides. The holes on my rubbertites does not align with the tab on the floor. Now winter's gone, I'm taking them off.

Rubbertites = with recessed holes, no raised edges
Husky = raised edges, no recessed holes

Good Luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the rubbertites and a 6 year old, sometimes a truck full of them. I like the rubbertites as those little cups hold a lot of spillage and it doesn't slosh around until you can dump them out. The holes on mine do line up with the tabs on the floor but I have the 2nd row bench and maybe that is the difference. I think it will be a trade off as I didn't like the look of my Husky liners and never liked how the spillage would slosh around but they did have the raised sides. For me the times that stuff slides down the side is rare. The rubbertites do stink like skunk for a few days but either use Febreeze or air them out good in the sun and it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the GMC heavy duty mats, and I wouldn't do it again. Coverage is just okay for the first and third rows, and almost useless for the second row. WeatherTech now has floor liners for the first and second row, and they make floor mats for all three rows. So, I'd get the floor liners for the first and second row, and the third row floor mat.

I didn't do this last November because WeatherTech only had the first row liners available at the time.

BTW, we also have 3 kids, ages 2, 3, and 4, so our Acadia is busy too!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the WeatherTech floorliners in the front and the Hexomats on the 2nd and 3rd row. I love them. They work very well!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh yeah, I too have the Weathertech floorliners up front...did not fit very well especially along the outer edges on both the driver and passenger sides..complained about it and was sent a brand new one that was supposedly corrected to fit like a glove..same thing as the other, they looked ugly like that...kept them since...maybe i'll sell them for half the price..
one good thing about it, they sure restrict spilage...you can pour a good amount of water over it and not worry of getting the carpet soaked...they are like a rubber wash basin.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kram - I agree with you about the WeatherTech liners. They don't fit perfectly, especially on the drivers side where there is a notch out on the backside where the hook from the floor board is and it doesn't fit in there. BUT they work very good, come out easy, AND clean easy :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the WT floorliners as well. I don't see a problem with the front fit.

I'd buy the floorliner model for the 2nd/3rd row without a second thought...they just don't exist.

I'd call them PERFECT for snow country.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank's everyone.

How is the colour match on the grey Rubbertites and the Weathertech? Anybody know?

I guess once they're dirty it doesn't really matter. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
not grey..but, I ordered black for both,the rubbertites are slightly darker..

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
cordoba002 said:
Thank's everyone.

How is the colour match on the grey Rubbertites and the Weathertech? Anybody know?

I guess once they're dirty it doesn't really matter. :)
I have the gray Rubbertites. The gray is quite a bit darker than the titanium carpet. It looks fine, but if I had it to do over again I would get the black to match the black portions of the trim rather than have a gray color in between the titanium and black.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got the grey....i wouldn't go black because it would show the mud more than the grey .....my opinion :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts