GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the rubber trim on the front window does not look like it was installed correcly? The lower driver side corner looks kinked like it is not seated correctly. It looks like it peeled away from some silicone sealant or adhesive. I can easily see the bottom corner of the window. I picked it up the same day it was delivered to the dealer May 18 to give an idea when it may have been manufactured.
Also, has anyone had any problems getting service from a dealer they did not purchase their vehicle from?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine has the same anomaly. I noticed it a while ago. A little silicone sealant should put it right.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I noticed that mine has the same problem as well!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked mine up the same day it was delivered on May 14th so we should be in the same boat. I will check it out when I get it back later today.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine is also not right on the driver's side, though I thought this is what windshield seal recall was about. It's on my list for when I get it in for the 1st service (along with about 11 other small things!)

·
Registered
730 Posts
jseck2 said:
Mine is also not right on the driver's side, though I thought this is what windshield seal recall was about. It's on my list for when I get it in for the 1st service (along with about 11 other small things!)
That other 11 small things might also helped a lot people here who might not have noticed it..Care to share?

·
Registered
395 Posts
kram said:
jseck2 said:
That other 11 small things might also helped a lot people here who might not have noticed it..Care to share?
OK, I don't have the list in front of me but...

The rear spoiler does not go straight across, it sags in the middle. I can push it up about 1/2 inch.
The front spoiler is not straight- it's kinked over about 6 inches on the right side.
The tail lights have condensation inside on foggy days.
The trailer wiring is not correct (backup circuit not working- lighting & 12V OK).
It's missing a metal clip on the cup holder trim.
Vibration above 70 mph. (Feels like a tire balance problem or maybe the tire issue in the service bulletin)
Clunks and pops sometimes on low speed turns.
Sometimes very hard downshifts (clunks) when slowly increasing speed from a steady 50 mph or so.
Radio problems- poor FM reception, speed control volume doesn't seem to work, On star volume for directions is not loud enough with radio on and volume up.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. I don't think any of them are a big deal. I actually got a call from GMC Engineering a few weeks after I bought it asking about problems I had found, so hopefully there will be fixes for some of this stuff by now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
jseck2 said:
kram said:
jseck2 said:

The rear spoiler does not go straight across, it sags in the middle. I can push it up about 1/2 inch.
The front spoiler is not straight- it's kinked over about 6 inches on the right side.
The trailer wiring is not correct (backup circuit not working- lighting & 12V OK).
Vibration above 70 mph. (Feels like a tire balance problem or maybe the tire issue in the service bulletin)
Sometimes very hard downshifts (clunks) when slowly increasing speed from a steady 50 mph or so.
Radio problems- poor FM reception, speed control volume doesn't seem to work, On star volume for directions is not loud enough with radio on and volume up.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. I don't think any of them are a big deal. I actually got a call from GMC Engineering a few weeks after I bought it asking about problems I had found, so hopefully there will be fixes for some of this stuff by now.
Appreciate the list :thumb:
Regarding OnStar, wouldn't it somehow mute the radio if an incoming voice prompt is expected. I haven't tested mine yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
jseck2 said:
kram said:
jseck2 said:

The radio reception does suck. Get near a building and it's XM time.

·
Registered
403 Posts
:worthless:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Here are pics of my rubber trim and the front spoiler dip.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can't figure out the angle of where that window picture is supposed to relate to? Is that inside, or outside?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cravenfan said:
I can't figure out the angle of where that window picture is supposed to relate to? Is that inside, or outside?
Its from the outside, looking down at the windshield, bottom corner, driver's side. Where the hood meets the windshield. There's a rubber lining at the base of the windshield.

Yup I've noticed this on my Acadia too. I simply took a screw driver and jammed the rubber back into the corner/crevice. The passenger side one is perfectly fine. Only the driver side one is popping out like the picture on my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The factory used two side tape on the last six inches or so to hold down the rubber. The cowling is only there to guide the water and drain it down the inner panels of the Acadia. The should be no problems with water intrusion into the passenger compartment from this location. I had the cowling off recently to replace a broken windshied and noticed that the windshield covers all openings to the rear of the dash.

wawa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts