GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, wow. I mean, the smell is so bad I'm seriously reconsidering these mats in the car at all. That's beyond disappointing. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received my clear Rubbertite mats and they do smell. How long does it take for the smell to subside? I have them out in the rain right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased the Weather Tech floor liners and have been very happy with the products. They really do line the floor both in the front and the back around the captains chairs and prevent all of the snow/salt/sand/ice from getting to the carpeting underneath. The front fit so well that when I had the leak in the front windshield that when it ran down the emergency break it caught all of the water. All I had to do then was dump it out and did not have to deal with the wet lining issue. Very highly recommend this product. You can find it at their website @ www.weathertech.com. A little pricey but well worth it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
jkratze1 said:
Just received my clear Rubbertite mats and they do smell. How long does it take for the smell to subside? I have them out in the rain right now.
I also have the clear rubbertite mats. Mine only took a day or so before the smell went away, but ymmv.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ShinyDome said:
Here's a pic of the 2nd row hexomats (for captains chairs) underneath the std carpet mats. Big advantage is the pass-through coverage and the sides near the door openings. The 3rd row hexomats are the exact footprint of the std carpet mats, and come right up flush with the the 2n row mats in the pass-through.
I agree, the HEXOMATS provide the best fit and usable coverage. Really a custom pattern. Try www.customautoaccessories.com for the best prices and free shipping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bigg Dogg.. I heard the Hexomats didn't fit very well.. and don't hold as much fluid as the Weathertechs and Huskys. Not to mention they're supposed to stink to high heaven. They kinda look like the plastic runner stuff people used to put on their high traffic area carpet.

Just kiddin man... :cheers: I'm sure they are very nice... But it does get a little old w/ you plugging them and the www.customautoaccessories.com every chance you get. It seems as though you might have a biased opinion.. prolly on their payroll.

·
Registered
12 Posts
KB....

Funny brother. :thumb:
Lifetime warranty because the rubber compound will not break down in our lifetime. The other brand mats are fine, just a bulky appearance that detracts from the Acadia's smooth interior IMHO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts