GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased rubber floor mats for their Acadia? Did you buy from the dealer, or from another store? Does anyone have pictures of the GMC rubber floor mats?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought front and second row mats and cargo area mats from dealer The second row mats are not worth a darn. Went to autoupgrade.com and bought second row and third row and they fit great. Different pattern than front but it is no big deal to me as I will hardly have anybody in the second or third row

·
Registered
4 Posts
aajakt said:
Bought front and second row mats and cargo area mats from dealer The second row mats are not worth a darn. Went to autoupgrade.com and bought second row and third row and they fit great. Different pattern than front but it is no big deal to me as I will hardly have anybody in the second or third row
I have the same setup as 'aajakt', got the GMC front mats when I bought the vehicle, then ordered the hexomats from autouprade for the 2nd and 3rd rows. They fit great, cover way more than factory mats, and seem pretty well-made althought they are thinner than I expected. Also they have a distinctive odor that I'm hoping goes away over time, kind of ruined the 'new car smell' that we were still enjoying even after several weeks. Its not bad, just kind of a industrial, or fresh rubber, or something...no big deal.

I also bought the GMC cargo liner which matches the front mats, only complaint is no lip around the edges but otherwise I like it. I liked that it had the GMC logo, and how it folds pretty easy for raising/lowering 3rd seat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ShinyDome,

Do you have captains chairs? If so, I don't suppose you've got pics of the coverage of the 2nd and 3rd rows with the hexomat that you'd like to share? I don't think I've seen anybody post pictures of the coverage in the Acadia with captains seats and the hexomats.

I've also read reviews of the smell of the hexomats when they are first shipped. Some reviews mentioned leaving them in their garage to air out for a week or two fixes the problem.

Thanks,
K

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
aajakt said:
Bought front and second row mats and cargo area mats from dealer The second row mats are not worth a darn.
+1 on the 2nd row GMC mats being practically worthless. I just kept the carpted 2nd row mat in there and put the all-weather ones on top of it. The front row and cargo area GMC mats are pretty nice though. I got mine from GMPartsDirect.com.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is already a post about floor mats in another location, it shows pictures of the hex mats nd pictures of the Husky Liner Mats. I bought the Husky Liners and they are a great. They have a lip on the outside edge of them so if something is spilled on them, they are easy to clean and they cover the entire carpeted area behind the front row of seats. I would suggest these mats to anyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the rubbertite version and am quite pleased. The coverage is great and if you buy an extra cargo mat you can make your own mat to cover the plastic cover under the captains chairs or anywhere you want . We've had lots of muck and snow lateley and the little circle-shaped intentations do a great job of holding the melted muck. There are lots of pictures at: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0

Since the hexomat version is made my the same folks I would imagine that the coverage is similar.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've seen quite a few pics of the rubbertite ones, but I haven't seen any of the hexomat yet. Maybe I'm just overlooking them though? Also, I think the rubbertite and hexomat are made by different manufacturer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought the GMC all weather mats from a local dealership. I called 3 dealers and asked them to match the price I could get online (including shipping). Westboro GMC agreed to that price. Now that they're installed, I wish I had gone with the WeatherTech floorliner's in front and floormats for rows 2 & 3. (I called WeatherTech and the 2nd/3rd row liners will not be available for another 3 months.) The GMC all weather mats do not have enough coverage in the front row - they don't fill the footwell side-to-side. And, as others have noted, the 2nd row mats are barely bigger that a pair of shoes. For now, I put a couple of spare rear mats from my Passat to cover the space between the 2nd row captain's chairs, but it's not an ideal solution. BTW, I think the black mats look good with the Titanium interior - somewhat like the 2007 interior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Due to the previous posts on this board I ended up with the Weathertech liners in the front and Husky liners in the 2nd and 3rd row. The Weathertechs are absolutely the way to go for the front in my opinion. They are very nice and fit perfectly. They almost appear to have come with the car. The Husky rear liners, although not quite as nice as the Weathertech, are also nice. The fit is near perfect and it covers the entire rear floor including the path between the second row bucket seats and the third row. I'm really happy with the setup overall. I only planned to keep them in for the winter but may use them throughout the year since we camp so much during the summer. I didn't expect everything to come out looking quite so nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kloogee said:
ShinyDome,

Do you have captains chairs? If so, I don't suppose you've got pics of the coverage of the 2nd and 3rd rows with the hexomat that you'd like to share? I don't think I've seen anybody post pictures of the coverage in the Acadia with captains seats and the hexomats.

I've also read reviews of the smell of the hexomats when they are first shipped. Some reviews mentioned leaving them in their garage to air out for a week or two fixes the problem.

Thanks,
K
Sorry to take so long, we've been on a week long round trip from Houston to St. Augustine FL...over 2500 miles. Couldn't be happier with the performance of our Acadia. We made the same trip back in 2005 with an '02 Explorer and its unbelievable how much easier it was this time around...less noize, more room for the kids, better as mileage (got 22 mpg according to the on board display), etc, etc.

Anyway, coverage on the hexomats is way better than the GMC mats, they basically cover everything...including the space between captains chairs and the the 3rd row, and also the small side strips between the doors and the seats. I'll try to post some pics, never done that before.

I agree with other posts about the GMC mats (I have those in the front only)...they don't cover any more than the std carpet mats. I may end up ordeing hexomats for the front also. I am happy with the GMC cargo liner, it folds pretty easy and considering we go back/forth with our 3rd row alot it was important to that it fold up. Assuming the hexomat cargo liner would be made of the same material as the mats, I cant imagine it would fold easily, the mats are pretty stiff.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I bought the GMC rubber cargo mat to cover rear and third row down. Very nice. Thick but softer and flexible rubber. I just received the rubber front mats. Same material as the rear cargo. Look to be good quality and likely very durable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a pic of the 2nd row hexomats (for captains chairs) underneath the std carpet mats. Big advantage is the pass-through coverage and the sides near the door openings. The 3rd row hexomats are the exact footprint of the std carpet mats, and come right up flush with the the 2n row mats in the pass-through.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics ShinyDome.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Keith said:
I bought the GMC rubber cargo mat to cover rear and third row down. Very nice. Thick but softer and flexible rubber. I just received the rubber front mats. Same material as the rear cargo. Look to be good quality and likely very durable.
Can you post pics of your GMC mats in your Acadia, would like to see the fitment.... thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the Wethertech in the front. Waiting until they offer them for the 2nd row/captians chairs. Ordered GMC mats for 2nd/3rd & cargo. As for the 2nd row "not worth a darn" is a freak'in understatement! I took them back to the dealer and asked them to double check...the parts guy and I were both scratching our heads. ??? We switched them....we flipped them....we switched them back.....flipped them again.....How someone got away with that design in beyond me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
SioXie said:
Keith said:
Can you post pics of your GMC mats in your Acadia, would like to see the fitment.... thanks!

Not sure a pic of dark mats on dark interior would come out. The mats have the same exact shape as the carpeted mats that come with the car. The driver side mat has the hole in it to anchcor it as the carpeted mat does

·
Registered
249 Posts
Whew! I just received my Lloyd floor mats from autoupgrade.net, and they STINK! I mean, literally! LOL. Wow, I'm actually kinda scared to install them yet because they'll ruin the nice new-car smell. I may leave them in the garage to air out a bit...although I'm skeptical...it's potent!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yeah, stink it did! ;D
I did not install mine for a week after I recieve it. But still after that, I have to spray some febreeze to take care of the remaining smell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I left my Rubbertite mats unrolled in the garage for 2 weeks and they still smell terrible. People say it's like skunk. The concensus is that heat will speed up the outgassing but it's 20 degrees outside right now. I tried looking for a FAQ or some other info at lloydmats.com but found nothing. I'll try the Fabreeze.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts