GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, my Acadia started rough shifting. I have about 40k miles.
I don't really know how to explain it other than it seems to hesitate before changing to 2nd gear. I wouldn't say it's like a slip, it's like a hiccup. Like you think it's going to and then it does...

Make sense? Ideas?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Do the RPM's rise between? Only 1st to 2nd?
I have a bit of that on my 2-3

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Best to take it in to dealer rather than keep driving it and doing more damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the RPM's rise between? Only 1st to 2nd?
I have a bit of that on my 2-3
The RPMs don't seem to do anything strange. My husband drove it and said he didn't notice anything, but I'm the one the drives it, nearly every day for 3 years, and to me something just seems off. I can feel a difference, if that makes sense. I'll take it in.

I was just there for an oil change and they said I need new tires. That seems weird on 40k miles as well. I only do normal driving... mostly short trips, school pick up drop offs, errands, that kind of thing. Only a couple of major road trips.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The RPMs don't seem to do anything strange. My husband drove it and said he didn't notice anything, but I'm the one the drives it, nearly every day for 3 years, and to me something just seems off. I can feel a difference, if that makes sense. I'll take it in.

I was just there for an oil change and they said I need new tires. That seems weird on 40k miles as well. I only do normal driving... mostly short trips, school pick up drop offs, errands, that kind of thing. Only a couple of major road trips.
If your '18 is like mine, it came equipped with the Michelin LTX tires. They seem to have a very short life. The tires on mine are down to 4/32's of tread at just under 30k miles.

GM has a service bulletin out offering some assistance on the cost to replace the tires. Unfortunately for you, I believe you have to be under 36k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts