GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '08 Acadia SLT and we test drove it on a nice stretch of "new four lane" and it did ok. On the roads where we live it jars your kidneys out, picking up every little bump and dip. I have a full size 4-wheel drive GMC truck with Michelins on it and it rides fine. Is it the suspension package on these vehicles or is the new Goodyear tires exceptionally stiff and rough riding?

·
Registered
217 Posts
You didn't say whether you had the 18" or 19" tires - mine are the 18's. The ride on mine is great as far as I'm concerned. It is almost as good as my Highlander on the small bumps and rough surfaces (and where I live we have some really rough city streets) and it is a better road vehicle at high speed on the interstate than the Highlander. It should be way better than your 4WD GMC truck. I have noticed that the ride roughness does increase on small road bumps/cracks if the cold tire pressure is raised much above the recommended 35 PSI. I think the suspension/tire combination on Acadia is a good match - at least for the 18" size.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have the 18s on my FWD and it handles all types of terrain just fine. My mom-in-law's driveway is incredibly long and all gravel and the Acadia takes it with ease... of course the gravel being coated in packed snow and ice is helpful. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
mmmm, I have 18's w 35-40lbs cold and the ride is excellent on rough road conditions to our liking.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the 18" tires......8300+ miles now and I still feel the Acadia has the smoothest ride of anything I have ever owned.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I hav the 19's and the ride is stiffer than the 18's but i like it that way, idon't think it is jarring though. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the factory 18 inch wheels and tires. The vehicle seems smoother and less rigid on the interstate and at higher speeds but we live in a rural area and 80% of travel is on two lane roads at slower speeds and it is a fairly stiff ride, seems to mirror every small crack in the asphalt. Handles much better than the 2003 GMC Envoy we traded in, but dosent ride as smooth.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Have you checked your tire pressures? The monitoring system will only alert you if they are too low. Have you checked to see if they might have been filled way high?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Many have a different perspective how a vehicle should ride. We prefer a FAIRLY firm ride with responsive handling when required. That's why we test drive first, in most cases.

·
Registered
812 Posts
teetertotter said:
Many have a different perspective how a vehicle should ride. We prefer a FAIRLY firm ride with responsive handling when required. That's why we test drive first, in most cases.
:ditto: i dont like that bouncy, "floating in air" kinda ride for me. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts