GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
markyb said:
I have a Thule setup that I use on a '99 Audi A6 Avant as well and there's NO WAY that the crossrails I have are going to work on the Acadia...The roof rails are way too thick for my mounts. Also I noticed that the GM crossrails will actually mount on the inside of the rails all the way to the back if you need to adjust them. If you look at the inboard side of the rails you'll see that the slot for crossrails goes well past the open section of each rail so you can actually have a crossrail in the area where the roof rail mounts to the body. I use a Thule Weekender box and the mounting points on the box are further apart than the "open" section of the rail is...Thule told me they're working on mounts for this vehicle although I noticed that some (maybe all?) of the rack parts from GM have Thule on them now. GM probably wanted to have an exclusive on them for now
marykb, I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are saying. Do you mean front-to-back or side-to-side? I have a Thule Evolution 1600 box and am waiting for my Acadia. I ordered the Acadia roof cross rails, and hope I can use my box without modification.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I took Sandman's advice and had the dealer install the roof cross rails today. Apparently, the rails come in pieces and have to be assembled before they can be installed. It took the service department quite a bit longer than they predicted.

Here are a few photos.

Kelly

Attachments

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
sandman said:
Glad to know that it looks just like mine (except your car is a lot shinier then mine - what did you put on it?).
I haven't put anything on it yet (and I'm too lazy to get into the zaino craze), but I only got it last Friday. We're supposed to have a storm tonight and tomorrow, so it won't continue to look that way. :(

Kelly

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
sandman said:
If you kept the tool that comes with the rails, they will come off fairly easily. I hope the dealer gave KJF, the tool cause those top screws are put on so nobody can easily steal your rails. And I not sure that tool can easily be found.
OK, another trip to the dealer. ::)

Kelly

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
How much noise do they make when on the top?
I didn't notice any wind noise. I turned off the radio and the AC while driving back to the office from the dealer (on the freeway), and didn't hear anything. (In contrast, I had a Thule rack on my MDX. That thing whistled like crazy unless I kept pads on them. :eek:)

Kelly

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
RedRocker said:
Looks like the Rails are the standard size that will fit most anything...My Armada had extra large Rails...made mounting everything difficult!
I agree. They look like a very usable (and useful) size. I'll try my Thule box on it this weekend.

Kelly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.