GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP !! I managed to find a pair of roof rack crossbars thru a friend from an 07 Acadia to put on my 08 Outlook. I called the dealer to make sure that they were the same part for both vehicles and that the years didn't have a part change in there as well. Everything checks out fine and they SHOULD work. I don't have the instructions and I wasn't able to get em on last night. I see that the 2 bars are different lengths, looking here, it seems that are supposed to be. Are the bars supposed to be totally assembled and just slid into place ? Which bar goes in front ? I can't get the longer bar to slide in at all. It is wider than the rails .........does anyone have any advice or a copy of the instrucions to give me some insight ? I am assuming that the bars need to be totally assembled to the end caps and just slid in the track on the rails.......? I need to get these things on by Sun for a trip down South...... Thanks in advance for any help !!

·
Registered
154 Posts
yaggie11 said:
Are the bars supposed to be totally assembled and just slid into place ? Which bar goes in front ?
The short bar goes in the front. Only assemble one side. Finish the assembling the other side after you slide it on.

The longer bar goes in the rear. It can be completely assembled.

Keep the friction locks and security bolt loose until you have each in place. Then tighten them.

If they don't slide on, the front bolt (the one that gets hidden under the cover) is probably too tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts