GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they sella deflector to mount at thefront of the crossbars to deflect air over the box?

Haven't seen one around.

·
Registered
381 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Do they sella deflector to mount at thefront of the crossbars to deflect air over the box?

Haven't seen one around.
That would be gia-normous...I haven't seen anyone sell one like that...try semi-truck dealers...GMC sells a sunroof windscreen but that's it. Yakima sells both a fairing and a "windjammer" but I think that's for the crossbar issue not a box.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I've never seen anything either

·
Registered
54 Posts
btw.. Does the moonroof deflector work to keep the wind noise down or does it seem to be more for decoration?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
alvam said:
btw.. Does the moonroof deflector work to keep the wind noise down or does it seem to be more for decoration?

Thoughts?
Are you talking about a deflector for the front sunroof or the middle moon roof? The sunroof deflector helps with wind noise as it makes it a little more aerodynamic

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've used two different Thule boxes up there and have not had any wind issues. One made no noise at all and the other was so slight that if i didn't turn the stereo off and specifically listen for it, I would not have heard it. I think a lot of it has to do with how far back they are mounted. The quietest one was shorter and mounted back far enough that I think it got very little direct full speed air.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jake_99 said:
NY_Joe said:

Haven't seen one around.
That would be gia-normous...I haven't seen anyone sell one like that...try semi-truck dealers...GMC sells a sunroof windscreen but that's it. Yakima sells both a fairing and a "windjammer" but I think that's for the crossbar issue not a box.
I looked and think Iam talking about a fairing.Don't see waht the windjammer does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts