GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a cargo carrier/rack on my wife's 2019 Acadia SLT for a couple of road trips this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for the cargo rack cross bars? All of the ones that I see online would seemingly be too long. The Acadia has a surprisingly narrow amount of space between the cargo rack rails. Has anyone purchased any cross bars that you are happy with and that fit well?

I'd also love some suggestions for roof rack cargo carriers if you all have any.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
So how about the factory cross bars to go with?

Reactions: Cash17

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys! I just ordered the bars from the link that divotdug provided. I decided not to roll the dice with a cheap version. I just bought the GM brand bars.

·
Registered
2015 GMC Acadia SLT2 w/trailer package
23 Posts
Thanks, guys! I just ordered the bars from the link that divotdug provided. I decided not to roll the dice with a cheap version. I just bought the GM brand bars.
Good choice, I bought them from my dealership parts department and really happy with how they look. I wasn't too impressed with the look of the aftermarket ones available for mine. Still deciding on a hard cargo carrier, but grabbed one of those Samsonite rooftop bags (found one while walking around Costco one day) for now for shorter trips.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You'll be happy with the factory bars. They are quiet. A buddy of mine installed aftermarket cross bars, and they are noisy as the dickens.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thule makes some ice solid bolt on (to your cross bars) racks and boxes. Pricey, but well engineered.

·
Registered
2017 Acadia SLT-1 AWD 3.6 v6 LGX Silver
8 Posts
Thule makes some ice solid bolt on (to your cross bars) racks and boxes. Pricey, but well engineered.
I found a Thule setup slightly used on Facebook Marketplace. It was about $1500 retail value for the whole setup including 2 bike racks and I paid $325. Look for used deals because people will buy this stuff for a single trip, or sell the car, or scrap their fitness routine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found a Thule setup slightly used on Facebook Marketplace. It was about $1500 retail value for the whole setup including 2 bike racks and I paid $325. Look for used deals because people will buy this stuff for a single trip, or sell the car, or scrap their fitness routine.
That’s a great point. Man, I’d love to find a deal like that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts