GMC Acadia Forum banner

RKE question

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DSNY FN 
#1 ·
I'm still waiting to take delivery on my 2009 Acadia, a major challenge to my patience. While I'm waiting I'm frequently checking this forum, studying the on-line owners manual, and learning as much as I can.

I also recently bought a 2009 Subaru Forester for my wife, and it's the first vehicle we've owned that has a remote keyless entry (RKE) system. I've known other people whose cars came with RKE and when they activate theirs it honks the car horn or makes some other obnoxious noise. This Subaru makes a light peep sound, not all all hard to put up with.

So here's my question: Those of you who own Acadias, what kind of sound do you hear when you activate your Acadia's RKE? The regular unlocking button, not the panic button. How would you describe it?

#3 ·
On mine, if you hit the lock button twice in a row, it will give a quick honk as acknowledgement that it locked. Also, if you press the lock button on the the door just one time (the doors will not lock and you will hear a chime), once all the doors are shut and a couple seconds pass by, it will honk as acknowledgement that it locked.

I find the double lock horn acknowledgement to be nice for when I open the car for someone from a distance and want to know that it for sure locked.

#4 ·
On unlock there is no noise, the parking lights flash. If you lock the doors twice the horn beeps once. Those settings are changeable to whatever you want them to be.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Those settings are changeable to whatever you want them to be.
-- That's what I was hoping for. Blinking lights or gentle peep sounds are OK with me, but I'd just as soon have no horn honking except for when I press the Panic button.

Are there any differences between 2009 and earlier Acadias or between SLT-2 and other trim levels on this RKE subject?

Any other owners have something to add?

#6 ·
Our 09 SLE flashes teh lighs once and locks teh car no horn sounding or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.