GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that the engine compartment is super hot, so hot its hard to open the hood without burning my hand.

I notice that the temperature of the engine reads 210-240 on my guage in the car, yet this baby gives off major heat.

I ran it thru a car wash and steam came out of the front grill for a few minutes after the wash.

Yet, it never actually overheats....

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks
Joey

·
Registered
264 Posts
It does put out a lot of heat some of it is due to the ensulation and some to the hard working engine. Mine only runs 210 i have never seen 240.

·
Registered
19 Posts
joey said:
I noticed today that the engine compartment is super hot, so hot its hard to open the hood without burning my hand.

I notice that the temperature of the engine reads 210-240 on my guage in the car, yet this baby gives off major heat.

I ran it thru a car wash and steam came out of the front grill for a few minutes after the wash.

Yet, it never actually overheats....

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks
Joey

Just picked up my Acadia yesterday, drove 30 miles home and 5 hours later it was still quite hot under the hood. Everything appears to be working fine, love the car!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine has sat idling in 90+ heat for a couple of hours and the temp stays right at 210. It does throw off a lot of engine heat (enough to raise the front tire pressure 2 or 3 psi) but obviously the cooling system is big enough to handle it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My guage never rises above half way up the dial.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a mountain home at 7000'. When I go up the mountain on a hot day the gage will rise considerably above 210 degrees. Knowing this I would never trust this car to pull even a light trailer up the mountain on a hot day. I think it would overheat or come close to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts