GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has done this to our car (see pic). She says "it brings joy to everyone on the road" but I'm hesitant to be seen in it. Am I a Scrooge?

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
satyric said:
Am I a Scrooge?
Yes! But there plenty of time before Christmas to become a holiday convert! Enjoy the fun :thumb:

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That's pretty cool, your wife sounds fun!
Don't be a fuddy duddy!
Enjoy the holiday season!!!!!

(P.S. I'd kill my wife if she did that to my Acadia......just a joke)

·
Registered
110 Posts
seen alot of those... It doesn't look too bad on the acadia, doesn't belong on some cars though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
satyric said:
Am I a Scrooge?
No. You actually have a certain level of TASTE.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yes, you are being a scrooge. Now I just hope my wife does not see that or I'll be stuck with ours decorated too. (from one scrooge to another) :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I saw an SUV this weekend with the antlers and red nose. It made me smile. I'd never do that to my own truck though.

I also saw an SUV with actual Christmas lights strung around the roof rack! WTH? LOL Now THAT might be something I'd do. I don't even know if that's legal though.

I don't think you're being a Scrooge. It's just not your thing. Is it YOUR Acadia or HERS? That's what makes the difference. If it's yours, tell her to get that stuff off it asap. ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Web Raven said:
Is it YOUR Acadia or HERS? That's what makes the difference.
She would say it's hers, I would say it's ours... But it *is* her daily driver so there are few reasons for me to be seen in it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
It's kinda cute, but....... ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
fun, but in a "im a dork" kinda way. put me in the back seat with the tinted windows so people cant see im in the car ;D at least your wife is confident, you must be doing something right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Saw a brown Acadia here with the same "costume". I'd rather just put Christmas lights on the outside- Now that would be kinda cool. If it's done right..

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
GeoHawk said:
It's kinda cute, but....... ;D
It's no Vibe. :)

While Mrs. Blue has no plans for anything like that, after all I've put into my cars, I couldn't complain- plus I could wear a disguise when we go out. ;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You might be right. And there is a HUGE difference in the noise level when driving too. When we first got the Acadia I drove it back and forth to work for a few weeks to get the 500 miles break in over with. Then when I switched back to the Vibe I actually thought there was something wrong because it was so noisy. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
It might work to your advantage. Take the Acadia for a drive. When you get back, tell her you feel kinda 'horny'. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
xseler said:
It might work to your advantage. Take the Acadia for a drive. When you get back, tell her you feel kinda 'horny'. ;D
She'd say "Haha, funny. They're ANTLERS, not HORNS." :p Or at least, that's what I'd say while rolling my eyes dramatically. LOL

·
Registered
614 Posts
Or you can try the "Of course I'm Santa, look at my sleigh with the built in horns! Now come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas."
And THEN you'll get the eye rolling... ::)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mrvids said:
Or you can try the "Of course I'm Santa, look at my sleigh with the built in horns! Now come sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas."
And THEN you'll get the eye rolling... ::)
Should I use the words "naughty" or "nice"?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for all the laughs! True to form, this forum does not disappoint when the opportunities arise!

Smooth[/color] <><

1 - 20 of 38 Posts