GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this on the SRX forum and then thought someone of here might be interested. Soooo, here it is.

In Las Vegas last week I rented an Infinity QX70 from Hertz. I had a Cadillac XT5(orf similar) reserved and got the similar.

The Infinity QX70 is not a very impressive vehicle for its price point. In the past I have rented a number of Chevy Equinox from Hertz. The ride, comfort and inside materials of the QX70 are more closely aligned to the Equinox than my wife’s SRX. The 3.7 engine is peppy, but noisy. Very little high tech in controls. Again much like Equinox. Lots of manual push buttons. Navigation has nice display, but I had my Garmin with me and did not try to use the Infinity's system.

Seating and cargo space behind the second row is about equal to the Equinox or SRX/XT5. I would say the handling is more like the SRX than the Equinox. Seemed to go around those sometimes very curvy freeway entrances and exits very well. All in all, the SRX/XT5 is way and above the winner. I had the SUV for 7 days so feel I get a good experience with it on freeways and around town streets.

I pulled a BOOBOO as I was leaving. The QX70 is keyless and I did not take the key out of my pocket at Hertz. Noticed it as I was going through security. Anybody have any good ideas of how not to do that in the future. My aged brain needs some help!!! Now I have to mail the key back when the Post Office opens tomorrow.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Checked out the QX70 page after reading this. First thing I noticed is outside of the car is butt ugly! I'm not impressed with the latest Japanese designs. The interior was equally unimpressive - reminded me of a Chrysler 300. Checked out some of the interior options. Don't think I'd ever buy anything with quilted seats that look like a bedspread.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Checked out the QX70 page after reading this. First thing I noticed is outside of the car is butt ugly! I'm not impressed with the latest Japanese designs. The interior was equally unimpressive - reminded me of a Chrysler 300. Checked out some of the interior options. Don't think I'd ever buy anything with quilted seats that look like a bedspread.
I liked the quilted seats in the pictures! Would need to see it in person for the final decision.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I originally posted this on the SRX forum and then thought someone of here might be interested. Soooo, here it is.

In Las Vegas last week I rented an Infinity QX70 from Hertz. I had a Cadillac XT5(orf similar) reserved and got the similar.

The Infinity QX70 is not a very impressive vehicle for its price point. In the past I have rented a number of Chevy Equinox from Hertz. The ride, comfort and inside materials of the QX70 are more closely aligned to the Equinox than my wife’s SRX. The 3.7 engine is peppy, but noisy. Very little high tech in controls. Again much like Equinox. Lots of manual push buttons. Navigation has nice display, but I had my Garmin with me and did not try to use the Infinity's system.

Seating and cargo space behind the second row is about equal to the Equinox or SRX/XT5. I would say the handling is more like the SRX than the Equinox. Seemed to go around those sometimes very curvy freeway entrances and exits very well. All in all, the SRX/XT5 is way and above the winner. I had the SUV for 7 days so feel I get a good experience with it on freeways and around town streets.

I pulled a BOOBOO as I was leaving. The QX70 is keyless and I did not take the key out of my pocket at Hertz. Noticed it as I was going through security. Anybody have any good ideas of how not to do that in the future. My aged brain needs some help!!! Now I have to mail the key back when the Post Office opens tomorrow.

George

Yeah, the outside of the SUV isn't very nice looking.

I prefer the low-tech push buttons, I use them more on my Acadia then the screen, much easier then removing my gloves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Nvr2loud
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing