GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Your title of this post says "return." I do not recall there ever being a size above the Acadia other than the current Tahoe/Suburban and Yukon series.

Personally, I think there are already too many different sizes.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The reference is in 'return' to the previous size of Acadia - like the Lambda-based CUV only on a new chassis. Think (new) Traverse and XT6.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Too confusing for my geriatric mind. I forgot about the new size Acadia since I drive the "old" size.

I liked it back in the 50's when Chevrolet make 3 models of sedan. One forerunner to the Suburban and a couple of trucks. Neglecting what they made for commercial.

I knew exactly what they made and could recognize each one on the highway.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured the automotive world was coming to an end when Buick entered the minivan and SUV/CUV market. Then, Cadillac got into the SUV/truck market and that sealed it!! LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read this article the other day and the first thing i thought was, Why? this car already exists, its called a traverse/enclave. The current "small" Acadia was the void they were missing IMO.
I guess most people dont realize that the acadia/traverse/enclave/outlook are all the same car from 07-16 (and present minus the acadia)
I always preferred the acadia over the other 3 solely on looks, thats why i had a 09 and 14. But now i will admit the 18-19 traverse is gorgeous in the high country trim.
Initially when the '17 acadia came out my wife and i were disappointed at the smaller size (having never actually touched one), and bought a yukon instead. But after a year of 11mpg on premium, we decided to look for something else. We test drove a new acadia and were very pleased. is it smaller? sure, but does it still fulfill is function for a family of 5? absolutely. I think it drives much nicer, and while our '09/'14 avg 17mpg mixed, the exact same driving with the '17 is getting 22 mixed.

If you want the bigger one, buy a traverse

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The Original Acadia had one other big advantage over the other variations. The bottom of the hatch/opening was square and not rounded. The flat one allows a person to lay a full sheet of plywood flat on the floor. Cannot do that in the rounder hatches.

That was what first attracted me to the Acadia several years before I actually bought one. The new Traverse also has this feature.

I have now reached a health(read arthritis) and age position where I no longer do a lot of woodworking and this feature is not as important to me.

George

·
Registered
217 Posts
On the other hand, we would never have considered an Acadia until the new +2017 size came available.
The Enclave or Traverse are just too large for our needs. Yet, we still have the 3rd row seats for a couple of kids if needed. Also, a huge 41.7 cu.ft. of rear cargo space with the 3rd row seats folded down flat as we usually have them. We also appreciate the ease of the Acadia in parking verses something longer.
The 2019 Acadia we have is smooth riding, roomy, and yet only 6" longer than the 2015 Equinox we previously had. It fits easily in the garage with plenty of room along side and also on the ends to walk around or past it while parked in the garage.
The fact that we also get +22 MPG in the same mixed city/rural driving we do is even better. We have seen a top highway MPG of 31.4 MPG actually hand calculated at fill up time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was recently looking at the Kia Telluride because it can carry eight passengers. My 2012 Acadia can carry 8. Most of the time the third row is flipped down to carry cargo for our family of 4. Three or four times a year, being able to reconfigure and get 8 people in is very handy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Adventureboy9258
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing