GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the mounting hardware for a 3rd row seat is intact in the All Terrain package? The lack of a third row seems to be keeping the prices low on these cars and I am curious if you could retrofit a 3rd row bench into one.

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Possibly . . . it would be great if GMC had an Upfitter Guide or info for Acadia like Chevy and GMC has for the trucks.
I would think the mounting holes ( with plugs in them) may be there, but there no doubt would be additional plates to reinforce the bolt mounts.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Floor pans are the same throughout the line to mount whatever seating plan is specified in factory assembly. Carpets and their underlayment (if any) are different. It should be possible with a little extra work and the proper parts. It's also likely you'll have to change some trim parts to accommodate the seatbelts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. My situation at the moment doesn't necessitate three-rows but my wife wants the option for traveling when we have extended family in town. It might be a nice project to try if I can convince her to let me tear up the interior of her future car haha

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Thanks for the responses. My situation at the moment doesn't necessitate three-rows but my wife wants the option for traveling when we have extended family in town. It might be a nice project to try if I can convince her to let me tear up the interior of her future car haha
Awhile ago I took a look under our 2019 Acadia SLT with 3rd row and could not see the 3rd row mounting bolts since the gas tank covers most of that area. Which brings up another point. To me it appears the gas tank would need to be unmounted to get at things.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
... It might be a nice project to try if I can convince her to let me tear up the interior of her future car haha
Doing it correctly will cost a lot more in parts alone than you or the wife may be willing to spend. Go through a GM parts site and find out for yourself. Also, check out any salvage sites for price of parts you'll need. Just be aware that some things may not be available from a salvage operation.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I think you would also need to check to make sure the 2nd row seats release and slide forward for access to the 3rd row.

To be honest, based on my experience, not worth the effort. In the 3 years I had my '18, the rear seat was used once by two quite small adults. A short drive out to dinner and back and both were of the opinion they would not do it again and in the future we took two vehicles.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
We relegate the use of the 3rd row for the grand kids if needed. So far that had not been much.
We bought the Acadia to upsize a bit from our 2016 Equinox since we found the 3rd generation Equinox/Terrain not as comfortable or as spacious as the C1xx Acadia.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
LOL In 13 years, my Acadia 3rd row seats never saw a human occupant. The dogs enjoyed them from time to time. Downsizing to a 5-passenger vehicle with the XT5 was a 'no brainer.'

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
LOL In 13 years, my Acadia 3rd row seats never saw a human occupant. The dogs enjoyed them from time to time. Downsizing to a 5-passenger vehicle with the XT5 was a 'no brainer.'
After the first use, the 3rd row was folded down, never to be raised again.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I can lend grand kids for anyone wanting to use the 3rd row seats. . .. if they take care of them for several hours. . LOL:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AP1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts