GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been plugging the same 2007 SLT1 data (spec'd like my 2008 shown below) in to edmunds.com for the past 6 months and have been watching the value. It very slowly was dropping and I was impressed with how well it was holding value. But since May 7th, the price dropped $5K from roughly $29K to $24K. Does anyone have any idea if this is normal as the new model year comes out, or does this seem to be a symptom of the economy and the gas prices?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also have been checking Edmunds, but for my 2002 Tahoe, that I intend to sell once my Acadia arrives. Similar result, about 15% drop in last two months, obviously from a much lower starting point. Before the $4.50 gas prices, the decrease seemed pretty constant and much more gradual.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think all used vehicles except economy cars have taken a big drop lately, with the econo cars increasing in value. Usually the depreciation curve is steepest in the first several years with the first year showing the biggest depreciation. But with gas over $4.00 all historical norms are probably out the window.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that the norms seem to be out the window. My 2004 Vibe, according to edmunds, is now worth about $750 more than it was just 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
GAR said:
I agree that the norms seem to be out the window. My 2004 Vibe, according to Edmunds, is now worth about $750 more than it was just 2 months ago.
That is because they are so cute :).

·
Registered
217 Posts
I read somewhere that econo used prices are approaching the econo new prices since the availability of new econo cars is so limited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my daughter a 2007 used Envoy for less than 75% of the new price. Amazing. My daughter is a CPA, and ran the numbers. It will take gas going to 7.00 per gal for more than five years for her not to break even. The Envoy had only 11,000 miles,, and the old owner claimed that she was getting horrible gas miliage. Well,, my daughter had been driving my old 2002 Envoy with the active mpg indicator, and learned how to get away from a lead foot. She claims she is getting more than 21 mpg combined!!
Let Edmunds continue to devalue,, hey,,anyone who wants to get rid of that gassss guzzlerrrrr,,, get in contact with me,, I am looking for a nice fully loaded 2007 or 2008 Envoy or Acadia. (((must be fully loaded, leather, and all the works

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
How about a really nice 2001 fully loaded Durango 5.9 R/T? :) While it may waste fuel, it will also waste any Envoy it meets :p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts