GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Acadians! :thumb:

Been lurkin' here for a bit...waiting for my whip to arrive so I could represent...and the day has finally come!

Here are a few pix of my new project...

Mods to date...

• De-Badged Booty n' Doors
  • 3M Clear Bra
  • Custom Drilled & Paint-to-Match Diablo D100 22x9.5 Rollers with 285/40/22 Falken Ziez S/TZ-04

Mods to come...

·
Registered
405 Posts
CONGRATTS

LOVE THOSE RIMS

·
Registered
683 Posts
Lookin' good! You'll have to keep us fellow 'tuners up to date with your mods and how they perform.

Mind telling us how much extra it cost to have them custom drilled and paint matched...I've been hesitant to go that route as I fear it will take my price too high for my budget...I know how much the rims themselves cost, but not for the extra work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imgntht said:
Mind telling us how much extra it cost to have them custom drilled and paint matched...I've been hesitant to go that route as I fear it will take my price too high for my budget...I know how much the rims themselves cost, but not for the extra work.
Actually...it wasn't too painful...the wheels are drilled to order for bolt pattern and offset, so it's included in the price. The paint to match cost about $ 50.00/wheel...but after seeing the parts, I could have painted them myself with some color match & clear coat in aerosol cans...but that typically costs almost $ 100 for the materials...and then the time involved.

This plus size (+4) package is the same rolling diameter as stock and there is still plenty of tire and sidewall so my ride quality is not compromised...it drives like a dream...smooth and tight!

The total I am into the wheels, tires, pressure sensors & lugs is $ 3200.00...and I rolled it into the financing package. ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not to hijack your thread here but were there any issues with the new pressure sensors? I am thinking about getting a set of winter tires and wheels but I want to understand what is involved in re-learning the new sensors.

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zman said:
Not to hijack your thread here but were there any issues with the new pressure sensors? I am thinking about getting a set of winter tires and wheels but I want to understand what is involved in re-learning the new sensors.
The new pressure sensors were a piece of cake! The sensors are built into the valve stems...so they screwed them in, mounted the tires and bolted them up. I set the computer to "relearn" mode and my tire shop tech walked around with a hand held computer gadget held up to the tire near the sensor and activated. As he activated each one, the horn honked once...and after all four it honked 2 or 3 times to confirm. We set the pressure manually at 34 psi...checked the display on the screen...all 4 tires read 34 psi!!

I was impressed at how easy it was! :thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sounds pretty straight forward. I assume that each corner can only recognize one sensor? In other words, if I had two sets of rims would the car need to relearn each time I change the rims or could it learn the new set of rims and then swap the two sets out at will?

Any idea?

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am pretty certain you would need to relearn each time you switch...here is a link to an article with more information: CLICK HERE Apparently they can be done with a special magnet or the GM Tech II

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nice Ride! Really like that color now that I see it, but I had a similar colored Acura MDX so I needed a change. I like the added touch of the color strips on the wheels.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice combo...Med brown was my second color choice but have always liked the way gold always looks clean, even when not washed for a bit. How about some nice interior shots? Got to show off the brick as there aren't too many of us out there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I didn't see this in the thread anywhere, so can you please let me know the offset you went with. I like that they don't stick out past the fender.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey All...

Thanks for the comps...still lovin' this ride! Getting the front windows tinted next week...can't wait!

As for the offset imgntht...they are ET45...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice mods, I like the looks. I am curious about the 3M clear bra, I have never heard of it before. I went to their website and it says that this is used by OEM's in the manufacturing process. I am wondering if there is a different aftermarket application and whether this is used in conjunction with or over/under regular protectants like wax or polish. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Looks great!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
683 Posts
gyr8ion said:
As for the offset imgntht...they are ET45...
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jello said:
I am curious about the 3M clear bra, I have never heard of it before...
Hey Jello...

Here is a link to the 3M site that talks about the 3M Scotchgard: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/

I had one of the local ClearBra franchise shops in my area install the one on my Acadia. It is a 3M clear film protectant that goes on over the paint that can be waxed and polished...and it protects against paint chips and road debris damage. It can be replaced if damaged or after about 5 years or when the front gets a lot of chips and it keeps the front of the vehicle looking brand new!

There are other versions like X-Pel and such that offer similar products. Also, they make custom fit kits that are cut to the vehicle, or they can make them custom and wrap corners and such. Do a little "clearbra" googling and you will find a lot of information...

Good Luck! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts