GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the rear AC lines are leaking right by the right rear fender well where the suspension is. I also see that the lines GM part number 1534653 are expensive.

Anyone ever tackle this job? I searched the forums and saw 1 post but wasnt too detailed.

Anyone ever get this job done at the dealer? What was the price?

2014 Acadia Denali

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
If you search the forum you should be able to find folks that have had the repair completed at the dealer. As I recall it is not an inexpensive job.

I don't believe too many folks have attempted to tackle that job. Easier to find posts that opted to install one of the rear A/C block off kits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you search the forum...

I don't believe too many folks have attempted to tackle that job. Easier to find posts that opted to install one of the rear A/C block off kits.
I did search as I posted that.

I also didnt know of a block off kits. I will look further into that. Thanks for that information.

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
I don't believe too many folks have attempted to tackle that job. ...
Probably because of constraints for working on A/C systems imposed by environmental regulations/equipment requirements.

BTW, I had my home HVAC serviced the other day. Tech said we should soon expect a near two-fold price increase on refrigerants. The obsolete varieties may have an increase in price higher than that and supplies of them might disappear altogether.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Our second last minivan ('04 Grand Caravan) had that line go. The quote we got was around $1400-1500 (can't recall exactly, it was a few years ago). They blocked it off for under $200 IIRC

·
Super Moderator
21,753 Posts
... The quote we got was around $1400-1500 ...
Sounds about right for the Acadia. I figure it would be parts + 4 to 5 hours labor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For $1500 I would probably pay that for a proper dealer fix, but my dealer wasnt close to that. I was prepared to fix myself but...

After approaching the wife with the $100 block off option, she wants to go that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts