GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we have twins on the way and a toddler who’s still in a car seat (he’s small so he will be in it for awhile). None of them will be appropriate for the 3rd row...is it possible to replace captains chairs for a bench seat in the 2nd row? That way we can just fold down the 3rd row for storage. Where would I get a bench seat and who could do the work? We may wish to put the captains chairs back if we sell the car at a later time. TIA!

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
The swap is possible. Where you get the seat and hardware needed to make a proper install is up to you - local wrecking yard, or online salvage is a likely possibility. Talk to a local body shop, or find a friend who's willing to do the work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could do the seat swap. All it takes is removing the bolts from the floor. I did this a few years ago with my old Traverse...although I swapped the bench for captain's chairs.
Search eBay for them. Thats where I got mine.

And while not necessary, the plastic floor trim around the rails will be different. Some pieces will still fit, others won't. trim pieces can be ordered from GM dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2nd row bench seat. I would like to switch to captains chairs. I have light grey cloth seat. Anyone want to switch with me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts