GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my single CD with a factory navigation system on my 08 SLT. I want to add the back-up camera and was wondering if the Acadia is pre-wired with the harness for the camera or do I have to run the wire up to the front? Also is the GPS antenna also pre-wired/is is the same antenna for the XM? And lastly, can I attach a camera on the front as well? :p If any one could help, I’ll appreciate it. :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Luck on this one! I just had the drama of trying to replace the single CD player with the single DVD player, non Navi factory head unit. If you think you are going to watch DVD movies on it, it will not work with the correct sound. The head unit tries to play Dolby 5.1, but the non Rear Seat Entertainment packages do not have the necassary AMP to have the correct playback. If you are trying to use it just as a NAVI screen, that may be a different story. We had the installer use a seperate AUX component, that allows you to use the BAND button to switch to hear the DVD. We now have AM / FM / XM / AUX (DVD) by using the BAND button,

not sure if any of this applies to what you are trying to do, just giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This link will show the nav antenna...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...162976600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006...it goes in the front-right dash, under the windshield.

In the back-up camera thread there's a great write-up on efforts to retrofit a factory camera. Another member from the Enclave forum was nice enough to start with retrofitting nav...following his lead I've purchased the radio, software and antenna. When all the parts arrive, I'll see how step one goes...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I want to use the new unit for is the GPS, Back Up Camera and the Blue Tooth. I got the new unit and installed it. The 08 is not pre-wired with the antenna and camera wire. :eek:hno: I took the back door apart for nothing. :banghead:But it seems like it the camera just needs that one wire to be plugged into the back of the radio and it will be ready to go. When I get it and try I’ll let you know. Thanks :-\ :-\

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought the same radio (Denso, for a Tahoe), that a member from the Enclave forum used, since I knew it would work.

Only thing is...the lighting is blue/green instead of red! That's a consideration I hadn't thought of until it was too late...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not had the radio reprogrammed. So far the only difference is the louder turn signal sound. I could live with until I have another reason to make a trip to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts