GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the bulb number for headlights..I zipped thro manual couldn't find one..I am looking to replace lamp with OEMs that would give me something close to HID lamp looks..

Any help or direction appreciated..

·
Registered
48 Posts
kram said:
That's a good link! For non-hid lights it lists the following:

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Does anyone know what comes standard on our Acadias?

·
Registered
35 Posts
HuckD said:
kram said:
That's a good link! For non-hid lights it lists the following:

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Does anyone know what comes standard on our Acadias?
9005ST

I had these in my 4runner and they are really nice, very close the HID or Xenon i really liked em, even had em in the fog lights too... kinda expensive though especially when they burn out.

·
Registered
405 Posts
whats intresting is that i have an 06 yukon and they have the same bulb listed, when an 07 yukon has a completly different bulb, but the 06 yukon and 07 acadia match.

·
Registered
405 Posts
hey thanks for the link, i just got back from pep boys because i bought the 9005 su high beams and the 9006 su low beams for my yukon xl, i hope they really are as good as they say they are for how much i paid for them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How much are these lights?

·
Registered
405 Posts
jf7fsu said:
How much are these lights?
one word EXPENSIVE

i paid 106.99 for low and high beams, fog lights were another 49.99 and i said another day for the fog lights.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Is it just me or does almost $107 for head light bulbs seem a little bit outrageous????? :angryfire:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had installed 9007 SU's on my Galant and I think these are one of those aftermarket upgrades that puts value on the money you spend.
My .02

·
Registered
405 Posts
kram said:
I had installed 9007 SU's on my Galant and I think these are one of those aftermarket upgrades that puts value on the money you spend.
My .02
I love them, they really spread out on the road, my low beams have the same power as my previous high beam lights, every sign lights up even 300 st away, on both sides of the road. havent tried the high beams yet, but with this power you may never need them. NO I DID NOT REVIRSE THE LIGHT BULBS, BEEN THERE DONE THAT.
I think i am going to bite the bullit agian and get the fog lights, turn signal, and parking lights so i can complete my upgrade, another 150 dollars but i came in to some extra money and i have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
405 Posts
TMMAR said:
Is it just me or does almost $107 for head light bulbs seem a little bit outrageous????? :angryfire:
like i said i am not pratical in the least, i buy stuff like that all the time that i could do judt as good with the regular bulbs but i wanted to say i got the whitest and brightest in the world, it my ego thing. :beer:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Glad to know you like it :thumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Replacing the headlight bulbs is no easy task. There is no access from under the hood. You have to remove the front facia to get access. My dealer replaced one of my parking light bulbs and that's how it had to be done. In fact, he had his body shop do it. Perhaps you could remove the wheel well liners as an alternative, but in any case it's not as simple as it should be.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bill in PA said:
Replacing the headlight bulbs is no easy task. There is no access from under the hood. You have to remove the front facia to get access. My dealer replaced one of my parking light bulbs and that's how it had to be done. In fact, he had his body shop do it. Perhaps you could remove the wheel well liners as an alternative, but in any case it's not as simple as it should be.
you have to remember i did this on my yukon, not my acadia. my yukon was simple, i just opend the hood took two pins out and the whole head light system came out and then i twisted the bulb socket and it poped right out. I dont need to replace my acadia's bulbs, i got hids, but if i didn't i would get these bulbs too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts