GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Acadia with the digital tri-zone climate control and I often hear a clacking noise that is almost like the sound made when a directional signal is on....but it comes from behind the heater control panel just below the 3 AC vents. I would guess it is some kind of vent "flapper" and it can persist for minutes at a time...then it stops and starts again.

Has any one heard this and if so, do you know what causes it?

Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had same noise and it does come from something inside the vents. It will occur in more than one vent. If you turn the dial at bottom vent that controls air flow ever so slightly back towards closed postion it will stop. If dial is pegged all the way over to open the noise will occur everytime. Another design flaw?? I'm curious to know if your noise stops after this so please post. I had to do this to all front vents. It did not affect my air flow and was a minor adjustment. Noises in dash drive drive me crazy!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have played with the vent controls and one time, it appeared to stop, but every other time, it continues. There is some baffle being controlled back there and it is having a good time. We're starting to make comments like "the gerbils are active again" or "I wonder if the gerbils can increase the gas mileage".

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have heard similar noises on occasion. Fixed each time with an adjustment to the vent control. It seems the control mechanism is built with a fair amount of slop.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It's a bummer to hear this. My 2001 Montana did this same thing. I finally got all the vents adjusted so it was quite, but I was hoping to get rid of this with a new one. We just picked our Red Jewel 2008 up yesterday and I have not heard this yet, so maybe I'll be lucky this time.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ANYONE EVER GET THIS LOOKED AT OR FIXED ???

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmmm...I thought it was the windshield warming up and maybe the sound is coming from the rear view mirror area...only when I head out in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts