GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy needed to rent a car the other day...guess what the rental agency set him up with??? An Acadia!

The good news is he fell in love with it. It is a 2008 with 38 miles on it. He loves the way it drives. Maybe that's another good sign for us waiting forever for our Tranny Upgrade in August. Let's just hope!!!

The bad news is GMC is putting our Acadia's in rental fleet's. I always thought that was one of the best ways to really hurt resale values? Anyone have any insight on this?

Honda and Toyota rarely ever do this and their resale values are always very strong. Selling Acadias at super low fleet prices seems to be a bad way to maintain high resale values?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with you. Not only that, but why is GM making these cars to sell to the rental companies while many of us are waiting WEEKS for ours!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Take heart folks...GM is not inundating rental fleets with Acadias or Outlooks or Enclaves for that matter. There are a FEW being placed in the fleets for EXACTLY the reason you experienced with your friend, RedRocker...it's a good way to get folks that would not otherwise consider the product, exposed to it so they'll hopefully head to their dealer and tell their friends. GM is working hard to protect the residual values on these vehicles so the amount of vehicles made available to rental will be small and tightly controlled!

·
Registered
389 Posts
My husband and I were looking at what to rent for a trip in San fran in August and I saw that at least two agencies offerred the Acadia. Why, oh why, did Avis not have them when my father in law was renting a van when we went to visit them earlier this month? They were out of vans and hooked him up with a Pacifica instead. That was a jokefest for 6 people for a week! Had we had an Acadia, we would not be on an extended test drive right now - we would have already ordered!

·
Registered
121 Posts
mmsimpson,

I don't know where we've placed the rentals, but since they are few you need to check multiple rental agencies (as it looks like you did) to find who has them. They won't have many so it may be hard to get one even at an agency that is renting them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
RedRocker, I live in the SF Bay Area and dealers here are asking and sometimes demanding that when a customer comes in for a warranty repair that they are placed in a rental vehicle that is at least from the same line or the like vehilce. Vehicle sales are tough for domestic dealers and they don't like to put a customer in a competitors vehicle for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Googled "Rent GMC Acadia" back in April. My reason for renting one is that I wanted to make sure this vehicle was the one I wanted to drive for the next few years. Having leased a Trailblazer and having buyer's remorse two days later on my last vehicle, I wanted to make a good choice.

I rented the Acadia from Friday to Sunday, and spent the weekend driving around town. This was a true "test drive". Of course, I loved the vehicle, and then got mine about a month later. Been smiling ever since.

As long as GM controls themselves, and doesn't flood the rental market, this could be a good marketing move.

:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts