GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the current sales graph that ADMIN posted here


I was wondering.

Is there a way to find out How many vehicles a rental company has purchased?
I know enterprise runs Acadia, I wonder how many others also?And I am sure that now they are purchasing the Traverse as well. So how many of these new sales do you think actually went to rental companies?

I have also been told that is one thing that really hurts the resale value of our vehicels. When the rental companies turn around and sell off the previous year vehicles it ends up dropping the values because there are so many available, and the prices are low.

Thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
I rented from Enterprise when our Acadia was in the shop, but I don't remember seeing any Acadia's. They did have an Outlook but I couldn't have that because it was set for someone else.

I bought my Envoy as a previous rental; not sure if the value went down; I don't remember seeing too many Envoy's on the road at that time. I see quite a few here though
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimms said:
I rented from Enterprise when our Acadia was in the shop, but I don't remember seeing any Acadia's. They did have an Outlook but I couldn't have that because it was set for someone else.

I bought my Envoy as a previous rental; not sure if the value went down; I don't remember seeing too many Envoy's on the road at that time. I see quite a few here though

From enterprise page under available cars
Sport Utility
GMC Acadia, Dodge Journey or similar
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jsimms said:
I followed your link and got this


Home > Page Not Available Call Enterprise Car Sales at:
null
Page Not Available


Sorry, we are unable to complete your page request since the page you are trying to access no longer is available.
Possible Reasons:
The system sometimes can not retrieve the dynamic content of the page when the browser back button is used to view the pages visited earlier.


Went back in and looked under for sale, put in my zip 16 Acadias popped up, mostly 2009's with less then 20,000 miles on them. priced from $26,9## to $32,9##.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
One thing that kept the resale and trade-in values up on Saturns was that they never sold to rental companies. That ended in 2007 with the Aura, Ion, and Outlook. Now their value is no better than anyone elses and down even more since they wont be around as a GM product more than likely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
Don't worry about resale value. If you're a true Acadia fan, you will keep yours forever :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mikemu said:
Don't worry about resale value. If you're a true Acadia fan, you will keep yours forever :)
Oh I am not worried about that. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
In the Toronto area you can Rent Acadia's and Enclave's from AVIS. SLT (1SB)w/two panel sunroof, Enclave's are outfitted the same.
Remember one thing rentals are good for is it is another form of advertisement for GM and another way to get people into their products!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
with the advent of carfax i dont see how this will effect value of the acadiaor any other. yah sure there will be more to choose from, but there was already a lot to choose from. the resale is affected by selling price, plain and simple. all you have to do is find the right sucker! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I have seen Acadias and Outlooks at Budget at BWI.

I really wanted to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I'm an Outlook XE AWD owner, but I rented an Acadia from National Car Rental from the Wilmington Airport while traveling in North Carolina. As a result, I got to test out the off-road capabilities of my these things without actually having to subject my Outlook to that kind of abuse, which was cool. It even had the same tires as my Outlook (the Goodyear Forteras), so I have a good idea what my car can do now. Did very well, by the way. I had it pretty deep in the mud and it never once got stuck. The main problem was that the front air dam would bottom out when going through some of the deeper ruts.

I didn't ask for the Acadia by the way - I reserved a Jeep or a 4x4 pickup, knowing that I had to drive into a muddy / sandy jobsite. They said they had one. When I got there, they gave me a choice between a Toyota Rav4 or an Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
cmd146 said:
I'm an Outlook XE AWD owner, but I rented an Acadia from National Car Rental from the Wilmington Airport while traveling in North Carolina. As a result, I got to test out the off-road capabilities of my these things without actually having to subject my Outlook to that kind of abuse, which was cool. It even had the same tires as my Outlook (the Goodyear Forteras), so I have a good idea what my car can do now. Did very well, by the way. I had it pretty deep in the mud and it never once got stuck. The main problem was that the front air dam would bottom out when going through some of the deeper ruts.

I didn't ask for the Acadia by the way - I reserved a Jeep or a 4x4 pickup, knowing that I had to drive into a muddy / sandy jobsite. They said they had one. When I got there, they gave me a choice between a Toyota Rav4 or an Acadia.
I've heard similar stories from others including a co-worker who rented an Acadia from Enterprise out at Yellowstone Natl Park.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top