GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the “ACADIA” chrome door letters from the driver and passenger side? I am thinking of removing mine but just curious as to how it would look. Anyone have any thoughts on this or done it and have pics? Thanks in Advance?
26A6117A-3836-4D21-AA0E-BEC190B05ECB.jpeg 1B7037A6-2764-446F-A81F-49EA18644480.jpeg

·
Registered
867 Posts
Watching...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Has anyone removed the “ACADIA” chrome door letters from the driver and passenger side? I am thinking of removing mine but just curious as to how it would look. Anyone have any thoughts on this or done it and have pics? Thanks in Advance?
Here' mine. . . with and without . . . Photo Edit

Acadia Emblem delte.jpg Acadia Emblem Delete B.jpg

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not on the upper rear like SLT or SLE.
Weird. . because I see some with the Denali emblem on the lower front door and some with nothing there.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I like the look of the truck with the emblems but just wasn’t sure if I’d like it more with it gone. JayTee I have seen what you are taking about, some of the Denali have them and some dont but none of them have Acadia. I actually don’t Mind the SLT on mine but could also see it looking good without it. Main reason I am asking it that I am getting ready to have my passenger side door painted and wasn’t sure if I wanted the letter put back. Will continue to sleep on it and see what else I can find pic wise maybe with my color. Thanks for the different points of view.

·
Super Moderator
20,026 Posts
Not on the upper rear like SLT or SLE.
Weird. . because I see some with the Denali emblem on the lower front door and some with nothing there.
Appliques are moved or deleted through the model years. Should have been around when "ACADIA" and the GM 'chicklet' disappeared from the doors between '08 and '11. Some members were PO'd - others amused by such reaction.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry, GM chicklet? GMC label?
Edit; yes, I bet they do move emblems around even within same design years.

·
Super Moderator
20,026 Posts
Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’ve been thinking about taking mine off as well, just never got around to it yet, but am also concerned it might look weird without them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
539 Posts
49ce432d2bf9ddf63f37d8d8d327ccf4.jpg

Man I used to love me some Chiclets. Thanks for bringing up that memory. Now, as for removing the emblems, don't talk about it, be about it. Be like Nike and just do it !!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I’ve been thinking about taking mine off as well, just never got around to it yet, but am also concerned it might look weird without them
Same... unsure if I will actually like it more. The Acadia is not a sports car. Hm. Pondering.

·
Super Moderator
20,026 Posts
Now, as for removing the emblems, don't talk about it, be about it. Be like Nike and just do it !!!
And have some double-sided tape handy if you don't like the effect and want to put them on again. ;)

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
184 Posts
And have some double-sided tape handy if you don't like the effect and want to put them on again. ;)
Ya right, they’d look like the magnetic letters my kids stick on the fridge!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah I like the look of the truck with the emblems but just wasn’t sure if I’d like it more with it gone. JayTee I have seen what you are taking about, some of the Denali have them and some don't but none of them have Acadia. I actually don’t Mind the SLT on mine but could also see it looking good without it. Main reason I am asking it that I am getting ready to have my passenger side door painted and wasn’t sure if I wanted the letter put back. Will continue to sleep on it and see what else I can find pic wise maybe with my color. Thanks for the different points of view.
Lot's of preferences for sure. I'm more of a leave it like it came for the most part and/or just sticking to a change like the silver to black rear bumper valance since that is something some trim levels come with.
When it comes to impulsive removal of brand or trim level emblems, I think more about resale.
At trade in or sale time, I wouldn't want a dealer or buyer to notice and think the vehicle has been mutilated into a more ghetto look in my opinion.

It's even amusing to me about the "black" wheel craze. When steel wheels were the norm, as cars got older in age, the wheels would rust so out came the black rattle can paint and some kind of wheel cover or hub cap.
Now. . . they even charge more for black painted wheels. I got a set of brand new (only 7 miles on them) Chevy Colorado Z71 wheels with the Kevlar tires for $600 because the owner of the newly purchased Colorado Z71 he bought wanted the black factory wheels at a cost of $1,200.
I took my stock silver painted aluminum wheels and tires and sold them for $600. Instant no cost upgrade which also would have been $1,200 had I ordered the truck with the upgraded wheels and tires that the Z71 came with.

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
867 Posts
Re removing... I'd measure/jig existing placement, and replace them at sell time.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So after much consideration, reading through all of the comments I have decided to keep all the emblems but black them all out. I really liked when I blacked out the rear “GMC” and saw the pop between the silver and the black emblem. I just ordered the lower buper cover in black and that with black emblems I will have the look I desire. I will take pics as I get things done.

Almost forgot the exhaust and painting it black.....that is on the list for this weekend and then detailing before the 30th is last. She’s gonna look amazing. IMO!! ;)

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
So after much consideration, reading through all of the comments I have decided to keep all the emblems but black them all out. I really liked when I blacked out the rear “GMC” and saw the pop between the silver and the black emblem. I just ordered the lower buper cover in black and that with black emblems I will have the look I desire. I will take pics as I get things done.

Almost forgot the exhaust and painting it black.....that is on the list for this weekend and then detailing before the 30th is last. She’s gonna look amazing. IMO!! ;)
Will you be using Plastidip to black the emblems? Can undo them later then if needed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will you be using Plastidip to black the emblems? Can undo them later then if needed.
Yes going to use the good ole plasti dip.... I used it on the front and rear emblems. It’s a breeze to use with little to no clean up.

854C6D4D-AF90-4096-93AA-728C40A799F5.jpeg A88EBE0B-58F3-4FDF-A812-203BDE39AF31.jpeg

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Indeed. . I've used it for quite a few items.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts