GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the car I purchased, which they are bringing in from another dealer for me, has the second role console. I do not want this, because the reason I stayed with the captains chairs is for easy access to the third row without having to slide the seats forward (because a child seat will be there). Can the dealer remove this, or will there be holes in my carpet or other noticeable marks? Supposed to take deliver in the next few days.. help!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
I'm almost positive the console is mounted to the floor; so you will have missing spots in the carpet etc. Another member here removed one of the captain's chairs and then RTV'd the bolts back into the floor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimms said:
I'm almost positive the console is mounted to the floor; so you will have missing spots in the carpet etc. Another member here removed one of the captain's chairs and then RTV'd the bolts back into the floor
Blah-

Anyone have pictures of what this would look like- so I can see what kind of damage we are talking about?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Search; the pics are there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this is what it looks like (http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4578.0) then I am NOT happy.

I told the dealer I did not want the second row console, and after reviewing the easy to read sticker on gmbuypower (instead of the confusing printout they gave me at the dealer) I realize it has the console. It the console could be pulled out (with minimal damage) I could live with that, but now I am reading the chairs are totally different? I am really upset and not sure what to do. I am sure this was not deliberate by the dealer, but still not want I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Yes, the captain's chairs are different - they don't have armrests in vehicles with the console. This is a bad situation. If you were clear with the dealer that you did not want the console, then this is their problem and you should not accept the vehicle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
bj, I have been looking for a total of about 1.5 hours trying to find photos. Somone has posted photos of the console removed, but I can't find them. It will look similar to the photo below, there will be holes in the carpet, mounting holes exposed and wires sticking out... As loach said, there are not center armrests on the capts chairs when you get the 2nd row console.

Dealer needs to do the right thing and get you what you want.

this photo is from dombodals at this link. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2883.20

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
bonk1313 said:
bj, I have been looking for a total of about 1.5 hours trying to find photos. Somone has posted photos of the console removed, but I can't find them. It will look similar to the photo below, there will be holes in the carpet, mounting holes exposed and wires sticking out... As loach said, there are not center armrests on the capts chairs when you get the 2nd row console.

Dealer needs to do the right thing and get you what you want.

this photo is from dombodals at this link. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2883.20

Those were my photos but they were of the middle captains chair removed not the console. Mine didn't come with the center console so there was nothing to remove. I have no regrets about having the chair removed. I put towels in the indents in the carpet, then put floor mats over the area.

BJ if this unit has everything else you want at a price you want I wouldn't let it stop me from buying it. I'm sure there's some kind of mat you can put down like I did to protect the area and fill in any holes it leaves.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
dombodals said:
Those were my photos but they were of the middle captains chair removed not the console. Mine didn't come with the center console so there was nothing to remove. I have no regrets about having the chair removed. I put towels in the indents in the carpet, then put floor mats over the area.

BJ if this unit has everything else you want at a price you want I wouldn't let it stop me from buying it. I'm sure there's some kind of mat you can put down like I did to protect the area and fill in any holes it leaves.
I understand this photo was from the chairs not console. I was just implying that this is the same kind of stuff you will find under the console. Cuts in the carpets, exposed bolt or mouting bracket, and wires.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I too just purchased a 2009 with the second console. Did you ever find out if it could be removed? I would like to take mine out also. I have emailed the delearship this morning to find out what my options are???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I'm installing a center console and see no reson why you can't remove one. It will leave exposed areas were the carpet is molded for the center console, also the captains chairs will not have arm rests. If some one in the California area has captain chairs in black cloth that is planning on removing their center console in a 2009 Acadia I would be interested in trading seats? I have seats with arm rest and they get in the way of the center console from opening.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top