GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install an iSimple Ipod adapter in my Acadia and need information on how to remove the radio so that I can connect the harness to it. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The chrome bezel surrounding the radio is held on by clips that just pop right out. Start at the top where there are two clips toward the center of the bezel and work your way down the sides. Use a flat head screwdriver or a panel removal tool. Then lift the bezel up out of the opening. You don't need to unclip the climate control and other harnesses below the radio from the bezel, but you can if you want. I'd just lay the bezel on a towel while still connected to the climate and other harnesses. Once the bezel is removed, you'll see the 4 bolts that the radio is attached with. But....

Do you have XM? If so, most iPod adapters should be connected to the XM unit, not the radio. The XM unit is located in the rear jack storage compartment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm probably not searching correctly, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a jack on the back of the head unit like the one on the front?

I'm trying to put my iPod in the console and not have the wire hanging in front of the cup holders. Any advice?

·
Registered
164 Posts
ewillie1 said:
I'm probably not searching correctly, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a jack on the back of the head unit like the one on the front?

I'm trying to put my iPod in the console and not have the wire hanging in front of the cup holders. Any advice?
No there is not another input on the back of the head unit as is on the front.
Several companies such as Scosche and Coastal Tech produce interfaces which connect to the head unit's harness to supply an additional input usually via standard cables.

http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm
http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/sfID2/159

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking for guide to replace me radio

I don't want to damage my dash, would like to know if there is a guide with pictures that shows how to get access to the radio. I purchased a oe Nav radio, and want to replace it in my 08 Acadia.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts