GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The Acadia is now 1 year old and I have no problems to report.

I think it is time to replace the front and rear wipers. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the wipers? Can I get good replacements at Pep Boys or should I go to the dealer?

Thank You,
M.Tuffy

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Trico NeoForm are nice blades. Whether you get these or some other brand, they are expensive though. I ordered a set from gmpartsdirect for about the same cost shipped. The rear blade fell off (arm is still there) and I wasn't able to find an aftermarket blade that didn't hit at the top. If you are looking for a rear blade as well, let me know if you find an aftermarket one.

I went to Pep Boys to look. They had a Rain-X BOGO sale. I printed out what blade I needed from Rain-X's website and took it to them. They insisted that the RainX-2 blades that are needed didn't exist. They want to sell me a set of Goodyears that totaled up to more than jsimms Neoforms so I put them back.

Ebay had some listed as well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
The Trico NeoForm are nice blades. Whether you get these or some other brand, they are expensive though. I ordered a set from gmpartsdirect for about the same cost shipped. The rear blade fell off (arm is still there) and I wasn't able to find an aftermarket blade that didn't hit at the top. If you are looking for a rear blade as well, let me know if you find an aftermarket one.

I went to Pep Boys to look. They had a Rain-X BOGO sale. I printed out what blade I needed from Rain-X's website and took it to them. They insisted that the RainX-2 blades that are needed didn't exist. They want to sell me a set of Goodyears that totaled up to more than jsimms Neoforms so I put them back.

Ebay had some listed as well.
I haven't replaced the rear window wiper yet; when you ordered the set from gm did it come with a rear blade?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I haven't replaced the rear window wiper yet; when you ordered the set from gm did it come with a rear blade?
No. All items were individual. Here is a cut and paste from my confirmation email. I did confirm the part numbers via email becasuse they didn't look right in their online catalog. As you can see, 2 are listed as the rear wiper so time will tell if they are correct. I will post after I get them and put them on, should be a few more days yet.

--------------------------------------------------------
Part: 15276259*
Category: All
Description: BLADE
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $13.86
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $13.86
Core Charge: $0.00
Part: 12608660*
Category: Belts, Engine Drive
Description: BELT
Unit Price: $26.58
Ext.Price: $26.58
Part: 25941804*
Category: Rear Wiper
Part: 25941805*
Category: Rear Wiper
==================================================================

SUB TOTAL: $68.16
SHIPPING: $21.68
TAX: $0.00
TOTAL WITH TAXES: $ 89.84 * indicates special order item, which is a special order non-returnable part.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
OK; being nosy; you ordered a drive belt for the engine?

·
Registered
294 Posts
jsimms said:

Accessory drive belt on the front of the engine. I always carry an extra belt with me. One time I was in the mountains and ran a stick into the engine bay and ruined the belt. I was sure glad that I had an extra. This was in the days before cell phones --- & where I was at, they probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
xseler said:
jsimms said:

Accessory drive belt on the front of the engine. I always carry an extra belt with me. One time I was in the mountains and ran a stick into the engine bay and ruined the belt. I was sure glad that I had an extra. This was in the days before cell phones --- & where I was at, they probably wouldn't have worked anyway.
I knew what it was; I thought he may be replacing his and thought that was a little soon (mileage wise). You're right; having a spare belt is a wise choice

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
jsimms said:
xseler said:
jsimms said:

I knew what it was; I thought he may be replacing his and thought that was a little soon (mileage wise). You're right; having a spare belt is a wise choice
No problems with the belt, just placing an order and wanted to get the spare since I am already paying a high price to ship the first item. I always use manufacturer belts and hoses, no aftermarket on those. I don't even know if it could be replaced roadside from underneath. I think it will be a pain to change.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
Part: 15276259*
Part: 25941804*
Part: 25941805*
Confirming that these are the part numbers for the wipers even though 2 came up as being a rear wiper on the invoice. Here is what part goes where:

25941805 driver's side windshield wiper blade
25941804 passenger's side windshield wiper blade
15276259 rear window wiper blade

1 - 10 of 10 Posts