GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post but have been scanning previous posts for awhile now. Anyways, I was wondering if anybody else removed their roof racks and were happy with the resulting looks? I can post pics if anybody interested. I've also been hunting for a set of 22" wheels with out that blingy look. I may go for the driv moonshine 6.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It does give it an interesting look. One of those things where I would have bought it looking either way!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
what does the roof look like when you remove them, do you have a close up of the roof?

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks good, with or without.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no close up pics. It will be awhile before I can post close ups. There are seven torx head flat fasteners on each side that I painted white with touch-up paint. There are 4 (2 on each side) torx fasteners that are raised. I bought 4 four identical fasteners (m6) and siliconed them up (clear) before reinstalling.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I would have purchased either way, but for functionality, I would have wanted the roof rack added as an option if available. I'm also curious if it left holes in the roof.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gar
No holes are left in the roof, just white flat torx headed screws. Nothing noticeable unless your looking.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That's really cool. Last week I was at my son's baseball game and my Red Acadia was on of two red ones in the parking lot. Very hard to tell them apart. I bet that rarely happens in your case. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
gmtech77 said:
gar
No holes are left in the roof, just white flat torx headed screws. Nothing noticeable unless your looking.
are these screws protruding? this was my problem before when I removed the roof racks from a previous SUV.. yeah, it was not noticeable by someone until i pointed it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I may try this to see if it improves gas mileage a touch...I will never use the roof racks.

Of course, now that I say that I'll need em in the near future. LOL

b

1 - 12 of 12 Posts