GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the nav radio #25815340 in my otherwise loaded car. But now the remote start doesn't work!

I can hear the relay click, but the engine won't crank...does anybody think it's related to the different radio?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I highly doubt the two are related. Did you cut wires? I would expect it was plug-n-play. Did you get the car computer refreshed afterword?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I just unplugged one, and plugged in the other. The local dealer cleared the "theftlock activated" screen and returned the LOUD chimes to normal, but I had to pay $107.14 for the service.

The car goes in Monday morning for the remote start...without wiring diagrams to review, I'm not interested in hearing the work isn't covered by warranty.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My remote start works just fine after retrofitting my Acadia with the factory navigation.

BTW, the dealer reprogramming for the head unit cost me $104.50, so you're not alone there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So ah, how many remote starts after computer reflash did the remote start work? I'd bite and say the reflash is a probable culprit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As it turned out...when I got the car back from the nav reprogramming, the service manager asked me if I was aware the "check engine light" was on (an innocuous little icon that's easy to miss). When I asked why he didn't address it, his reply was that they didn't do any work that the customer didn't specifically request.

Anyway, the light was due to a faulty gas cap...replacing the cap cleared the fault code, which then allowed the remote start to work again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts