GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we purchased a 2007 Acadia and cannot get the remote opener or the little button on the liftgate to work. We can only open it manually. Are we doing something wrong?

·
Registered
180 Posts
My only suggestion it to try the switch on the dash, and also make sure you hold the button down on the remote for a couple of seconds. Hope it's not something that needs a trip to the dealer.

My wife was the "Cookie Mom" for my daughter's Girl Scout troop. I put the seats down and went from one semi trailer to the next until my Acadia was filled to the roof. Before I could push my button, the last guy loading pulled my electric door down. Apparently the engineers assumed this might happen, as it did not seem to affect the power door.

Hope you get the remote working, let us know what you find out. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check the dash button and make sure the rear liftgate is not locked - there is a button that lock out the liftgate from being used. Actually, doing what ewillie1 says will move the switch to the operation position. It is located at the bottomof the center copnsole directly behind the gear shift. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
johnway said:
Check the dash button and make sure the rear liftgate is not locked - there is a button that lock out the liftgate from being used.
Sweet, thanks, you just saved me a trip to the dealer. Didn't realize it toggled and mine was in the off position. whew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts