GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Denali quicksilver metallic
2 Posts
I had same issue within 3 weeks of purchasing certified used acadia. Dealer was really cool and replaced part in a day. They said there was bulletin and they tested car cpu and saw error come up. I am very hopeful this fixes problem as luckily i was at home. I wish i had known previously how to get in car if not working and about athe slot to put in key fob. Stressful google searchs while car alarm is going off.
Issue not fixed.... i have a bad feeling this is never going to be resolved

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have seen many posts with people writing about the same "remote not detected" issue. What were the solutions that people found?

I literally printed this forum for my GMC Dealership because I am having the same repeated issue with my GMC 2017 Acadia 35K miles. They do not know how to fix it! I haven't driven my car much the past year during covid, but I have had car battery and fob issues since we got our new car. I am suspicious the fob and car battery are related issues, but I am not a mechanic. They have replaced my car battery twice (once each year of active driving), and they have replaced fob batteries and fobs. I have been locked out of my car with the keys on the seat, and I have now been locked in my car with the "remote not detected" message.

The past 2 times I was locked in my car during extreme heat (90 degrees outside today, and the 116 degree record Oregon weather a few weeks ago). I did not have time to put my fob in the console, as my car would not start or open doors or windows. It doesn't sit well when the service writer doesn't believe me that this is happening. Both times I was able to get the car to start or the door to open after pushing all buttons multiple times. Today when I went into the dealership, the door would not open the first 2 times the technician touched the handle, which was instant gratification for me. Too bad there are never any error codes. Last week they replaced an (S) module and it states 35232 scan vehicle data. 2 weeks ago the code was P3409, which was an unrelated problem.

What is the Oregon Lemon Law because I am ready to dump my car? Help Please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have 2017 Acadia Denali with the same FOB problems you describe. Last time the dealer had it for 3 days and when I picked it up I asked them what they did to correct it and they said nothing since it did not happen when they used both FOBs. I said it is an intermittent problem and I was hoping you would read the Acadia Forum comments I printed out to substantiate the problem and read the TSB one member mentioned existed. Today I received a phone call from a GMC rep Lakala after I followed up and called again since I did not get a return call last week. She stated there were no codes in the SUV's computer so there is nothing they can do.
I told her there is something I can do and that is never purchase another GM vehicle. I was looking at purchasing the GMC Terrain as a second vehicle to keep at our winter home but that will not happen now. Totally disappointed that GMC would not be more responsive to what was a life long GM customer.
I’m ha omg the same issue but the local GMC lot that we purchased our truck from is telling me that in order for GMC to cover it, it has to be something they experience with the truck while it’s there. That’s inconvenient considering it only happened twice and it was intermittent. Any advice on how to handle this.
Thanks
What was the solution? I am having the same problem with my 2017 Acadia

21 - 23 of 23 Posts