GMC Acadia Forum banner

remote not detected

52K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Grantv 
#1 ·
I've had two occasions where this message "remote not detected" has either not let my car start and yesterday, wouldn't allow my car to actually cut off. I inserted the remote in the holder (the process to use when the remote is not detected) and the car still wouldn't cut off. Both of these occasions have left me in a situation where I couldn't lock or unlock my car and I live in a high crime area, and that's not a solution. So I had to use the GMC app to remote lock and unlock to get in and out. It finally cut off and/or started after putting the remote in the holder about six times. Long story short, I took it to my local service vendor yesterday and there is finally a bulletin for an intermittent remote not detected so hopefully this issue can be resolved. I have 6616 miles and twice have spent an hour to either get my car to start or turn off. It's not fun. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is suddenly stranded. The GMC remote app helps to lock and unlock for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.