GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two occasions where this message "remote not detected" has either not let my car start and yesterday, wouldn't allow my car to actually cut off. I inserted the remote in the holder (the process to use when the remote is not detected) and the car still wouldn't cut off. Both of these occasions have left me in a situation where I couldn't lock or unlock my car and I live in a high crime area, and that's not a solution. So I had to use the GMC app to remote lock and unlock to get in and out. It finally cut off and/or started after putting the remote in the holder about six times. Long story short, I took it to my local service vendor yesterday and there is finally a bulletin for an intermittent remote not detected so hopefully this issue can be resolved. I have 6616 miles and twice have spent an hour to either get my car to start or turn off. It's not fun. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is suddenly stranded. The GMC remote app helps to lock and unlock for sure.

·
Registered
881 Posts
What year and model is your new generation Acadia or Acadia Limited?

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
Do you have a second fob? Maybe the one you're using isn't working correctly. There's some interesting info on the 'net about folks who experienced similar problems (fob, antenna, device interference, etc.). Worth a bit of reading.

Intermittent problem is a PITA!

:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
lhaggard said:
2017 GMC Acadia, sorry. Meant to add that in the post.
Add that to your profile signature (along with any other detail) and no one will have to ask anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this thread. I experienced the same issue yesterday in 2017 Acadia Slt1 AWD, after driving the car just fine. Neither one of my remotes could be detected although I could drive the car with the key fob in the pocket located in the armrest. OnStar parched me to GM tech who instructed to change the battery in key fob which didn't work. Second call to GM tech yielded no help other than to get the car to the Dealer. I called GMC service and they took the car right in this morning and changed out the faulty part in the car. For all those that experience the same issue, yes, there is a bulletin for this and the dealer made me aware that they had already repaired about three or four other cars with the same issue

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
Search google for "remote not detected" and you'll find it's not a problem isolated to the Acadia, or just GM cars for that matter! :facepalm:

Couldn't find the bulletin in your discussion, Ladytame. Do you have a reference number for it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Acadia Denali remote not detected

This just happened to me today. 2300 miles. Called 2 dealers nearby and they both said they never heard of this happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had two occasions where this message "remote not detected" has either not let my car start and yesterday, wouldn't allow my car to actually cut off. I inserted the remote in the holder (the process to use when the remote is not detected) and the car still wouldn't cut off. Both of these occasions have left me in a situation where I couldn't lock or unlock my car and I live in a high crime area, and that's not a solution. So I had to use the GMC app to remote lock and unlock to get in and out. It finally cut off and/or started after putting the remote in the holder about six times. Long story short, I took it to my local service vendor yesterday and there is finally a bulletin for an intermittent remote not detected so hopefully this issue can be resolved. I have 6616 miles and twice have spent an hour to either get my car to start or turn off. It's not fun. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is suddenly stranded. The GMC remote app helps to lock and unlock for sure.
Same issue plus my tire maintenance needed dummy light and warning display stayed on and my GPS map display was blurred. I have had several little nits also such as rear washer fluid constantly on with rear wiper. Was hoping there was a bulletin to address. I was thinking a diagnostic code log would show these malfunctions when intermittant. I'm guessing a flash software upgrade is coming. 2017 Acadia Denali /intelligence pkg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4th+ time for service for this issue

I have a 2017 GMC Acadia Denali that we've had for 13 months. This is a constant issue, I've had the car at the dealer 4 times for this problem and experienced issues with this at least once a month. The first time the dealer looked at it but it was working again by the time I got there and there wasn't anything they could do. 2nd time I brought it in they "flashed the remotes" it worked for another 2 months then started doing it again. 3rd time they replaced the master keyfob and then a month later we brought it in again and they had to "flash" the new fob. Today it's back at the dealer being looked at again since it worked to unlock the car and drive to work but then the wife couldn't lock the car. She got the "No Keyfob Detected" message .....again. Sometimes when she gets that she can walk away from the car, 50 feet (out of range I think) and then wait. Sometimes when you walk back up to the car it will then recognize the fob and work. Today it didn't and she played that game for 30 while people in the parking lot watched. I had to leave work and take the 2nd keyfob to her in hopes it would be recognized and lock the car, it didn't. My only recourse since the car would still start with the fob in the armrest pocket was to drive it to the dealer for another attempt to fix. It looks like the wife is going to have to go back to carrying both keyfobs with her everywhere she goes. She did that for 4 months and every 2-3 weeks it would stop recognizing keyfob 1 and all the driver settings would move to my setting (#2) and she'd have to reset everything but at least she could drive and lock the car. After a couple days it would start seeing Keyfob 1 again and go back to her settings.

I swear this car was put together on a late Friday night by a grumpy employee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2017 GMC Acadia and have the same problem, only my new car has less than 500 miles on it. Last night the car would not start, I could unlock the doors, but when I tried to start it I got the message "remote not detected. I have only had the car for 2 months! The car did, however start when I put the fob in the fob pocket located in the center armrest. I will be calling the dealer today to make an appointment for repairs. Just what I need, buy a new car to eliminate trips to the garage, and I'm right back in the garage for repairs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ours is now doing this. This happened with my remote a couple of weeks ago and it just happened with my wife's remote this afternoon. What part did they fix and what's the TSB on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Omg! I have the same issue. Went to drive home tonight, couldn't get into the car and thought the battery was dead in the vehicle. New car with 500 miles. Finally got in manually, story for another day. Gm in the phone had me out the fob in the pocket and hold down the start stop for 10 seconds. Could get the car started but both fobs now do nothing. Car won't lock without app and info screen, lights don't want to power down. Has anyone fixed this issue without going to the dealer for service? ???

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Omg! I have the same issue. Went to drive home tonight, couldn't get into the car and thought the battery was dead in the vehicle. New car with 500 miles. Finally got in manually, story for another day. Gm in the phone had me out the fob in the pocket and hold down the start stop for 10 seconds. Could get the car started but both fobs now do nothing. Car won't lock without app and info screen, lights don't want to power down. Has anyone fixed this issue without going to the dealer for service? ???
500 miles? Why don't you want to take it to the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
500 miles? Why don't you want to take it to the dealer?
Maybe they read their owner's manuals and figured out what was wrong. :shrug: Lots of one-time posters here!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have 2017 Acadia Denali with the same FOB problems you describe. Last time the dealer had it for 3 days and when I picked it up I asked them what they did to correct it and they said nothing since it did not happen when they used both FOBs. I said it is an intermittent problem and I was hoping you would read the Acadia Forum comments I printed out to substantiate the problem and read the TSB one member mentioned existed. Today I received a phone call from a GMC rep Lakala after I followed up and called again since I did not get a return call last week. She stated there were no codes in the SUV's computer so there is nothing they can do.
I told her there is something I can do and that is never purchase another GM vehicle. I was looking at purchasing the GMC Terrain as a second vehicle to keep at our winter home but that will not happen now. Totally disappointed that GMC would not be more responsive to what was a life long GM customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m ha omg the same issue but the local GMC lot that we purchased our truck from is telling me that in order for GMC to cover it, it has to be something they experience with the truck while it’s there. That’s inconvenient considering it only happened twice and it was intermittent. Any advice on how to handle this.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
I’m ha omg the same issue but the local GMC lot that we purchased our truck from is telling me that in order for GMC to cover it, it has to be something they experience with the truck while it’s there. That’s inconvenient considering it only happened twice and it was intermittent. Any advice on how to handle this.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum.
Something perceived as the car's fault which happens only once, or twice would be nearly impossible to find. It's as frustrating to the technician as it is to the car's owner. With today's technology, the possibility of an outside environmental cause for such occurrences also exists. It would be one of the toughest things for a line tech to duplicate. That makes it no fault of the car.

·
Registered
2017 Denali quicksilver metallic
2 Posts
I had same issue within 3 weeks of purchasing certified used acadia. Dealer was really cool and replaced part in a day. They said there was bulletin and they tested car cpu and saw error come up. I am very hopeful this fixes problem as luckily i was at home. I wish i had known previously how to get in car if not working and about athe slot to put in key fob. Stressful google searchs while car alarm is going off.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts