GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black GMC Acadia Denali AWD (Black Beauty)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2012 Acadia Denali back last Friday from the repair shop. I got a Remanufactured GMC motor put in. I drove it home about 10 miles, Monday morning I go out, start it up and black smoke is coming out of the tale pipes and sounding like it’s missing. It warms up and it’s fine, took it to work and on the way back about a block from my house it starts bucking. Tuesday morning, same thing as Monday morning, but sound’s louder. Get a block down the road and the engine light starts flashing, I take the Acadia back home. What could be going on with it? My husband will be putting the scanner on it today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got my 2012 Acadia Denali back last Friday from the repair shop. I got a Remanufactured GMC motor put in. I drove it home about 10 miles, Monday morning I go out, start it up and black smoke is coming out of the tale pipes and sounding like it’s missing. It warms up and it’s fine, took it to work and on the way back about a block from my house it starts bucking. Tuesday morning, same thing as Monday morning, but sound’s louder. Get a block down the road and the engine light starts flashing, I take the Acadia back home. What could be going on with it? My husband will be putting the scanner on it today.
Why put a scanner on it? Take it back.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Did take it back and found out it was the #1 fuel injector. They replaced it, did not cost me a penny, not even the tow.
Thanks for the update. . . . good to know they stood by and took care of it.

Reactions: nanookvd
1 - 8 of 8 Posts