GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My wife’s 08 Acadia fwd started shaking really bad service esc traction stabiltrak all that good stuff. These are the two codes I retrieved from the computer. It did it a couple months ago I removed the throttle body and intake cleaned it all up. Tried a relearn process I read online - seemed to work alright. But now, it’s happened again.

I did some more reading so now I ordered the accelerator pedal sensor the whole pedal assembly and a new pcv valve. Trying to avoid the throttle body replacement (175 buckaroos). All the connections and wiring harness look great no corrosion or water. Also my wife does do a lot of short distance driving. I’ve noticed a little yellowish sludge on the oil cap, but the oil on the dipstick is great if that has something to do with the pcv valve. Just seeing if anyone knows anything that could be helpful and if I’m heading in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
18,836 Posts
You'll find lots of helpful information if you use the forum search with codes as the keywords. The 'net also has some important diagnostic steps to take before the project turns into one in which parts are thrown at the car in hopes of a fix.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jump to post # 10 and read Rob the Master Mechanic's post first for one possibility and a free fix.
How cold is it there?
Yellow sludge on the oil cap may also mean a milkshake in the Air intake snorkel, If this is the case then yes the PCV system may be clogged and you may have a freezing throttle body. Open the snorkel and check it out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
He also has a post as ACTech on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts