GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove an acadia the another night and was amazed at the red L.E.D light between the driver and passenger on the inside roof. Its a great idea and very helpful. Good job GM!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've actually been meaning to post about that little light as well. As simple as it is, it is seriously one of my favorite features. I'm sure GMC isn't the first to do it, but I've never seen it before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We have an amber light in the Outlooks. A really neat and useful feature.

I wish the passenger overhead lights throughout the cabin could be amber LED lights as well.

Speaking of lights in useful places, my neighbor has an '07 3-Series sedan with lights in the exterior door handles that shine down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I actually would consider the one in the Acadia to be more of an amber color as well. I'm guessing it is exactly the same as in the Outlook.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I agree with Kloogee, mines not red at all. It casts an orangish glow onto my cupholders and console.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Red, amber, or orange. I still think it is pretty cool. But I'm easily impressed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Agreed. It's actually a perfect light output...it's almost like ambient light from street lamps through the windshield but permanent, and it doesn't distract at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's the same color in all Lambda's.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Have I just not noticed this or what? ??? Is it a light that comes on automatically at night, or one that you can turn on if needed?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It comes on at night. It is a small light that shines in your cupholder.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So weird that this just got posted today, my husband and I JUST noticed this tonight!! It was one of those things that we shook are heads (again) and said, "Wow, they really thought of everything!"

The fact that it has taken us 4 weeks to notice is testament to the fact that it is unobtrusive, but it is incredibly helpful, as well! I have never been in a car that I keep finding more and more little thoughtful, well-engineered touches that make driving it a pleasure. (Even in my mom's Lexus convertible that was twice the price of my SLT2 that is loaded.)

So if any of the GMC engineers are reading this, BRAVO!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
My '02 Audi A6 has this (actually it has two), and I don't imagine its the first either but its good to see GM incorporate some of the features of other higher end interiors.

·
Registered
812 Posts
GerryL said:
My '02 Audi A6 has this (actually it has two), and I don't imagine its the first either but its good to see GM incorporate some of the features of other higher end interiors.
Agree as most foreign cars have been having that feature for a long time now, they usually call it "ambient lighting" and is fast becoming standard on newer cars today. by far the Cadillac CTS has the best. it runs down from the dash to the sides of the doors like LED strips. :thumb:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of where the light comes from... I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for my wife.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
My wife and I were really impressed by this little touch as well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Now I will pay more attention and I know excatly where to look when I get in the Acadia at night. :thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's really not easy to see the source of the light, unless you lean forward and to the right, and look straight up. I can't see the source from my normal driving position. But, the first time I took it out at night, I did notice the "ambient" diffused orangish glow, reflecting on the chrome and brushed aluminum of the console. A nice little touch. One practical use is that it also reflects off your hand and casts light on the buttons for the brighter, overhead reading lamps. They're sort of hard to see otherwise.

·
Registered
339 Posts
vic49 said:
Thanks for the pics. Now I will pay more attention and I know excatly where to look when I get in the Acadia at night. :thumb:
I knew taking pics of my vehicle from every conceivable angle when I first got it would eventually come in handy so that I wouldn't have to go out in the cold and take them for people. :p

http://picasaweb.google.com/kloogee/2008GMCAcadiaSLEAWD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts