GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of mine. I took delivery of it in late Feb. I'm still thinking about getting the side steps. If anybody else has the Red Jewel (Acadia or Outlook) with side steps - please post pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a few more...

Including the main reason I preferred the Outlook over the Acadia, the wrap-around back windows. Just a personal preference...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looks great Pepsikid! Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks very pretty! Nice catch!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Where do you live? I just saw one coming home from my daughter's horse show. I saw the color and thought (from a distance) it was another Acadia. It turned and we realized from the butt it was an Outlook. It was just as shiney as yours!! Great color!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Love the color :thumb: How do your babies like Pulp Fiction ;) It must really help put them to sleep ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the love Acadia Forum.

Mckcab - I live in Southern California - so it definitely wasn't us you saw.

johnway - good call on the Pulp Fiction - I was wondering who would be the first to catch that ;) ;D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well we have 3 car seats in the back of mine and right now we are watching Brother Bear Potty Time ;D Thank god for the wireless headphones, althought the twin 1 yr olds cannot were them yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't even taken my wireless headphones out of the box yet - only 7 month old twins!

I figure I'll wait unitl they are around 18 months old to give them the headphones. Is there a suggested age minimum for those things?

·
Registered
405 Posts
like i am going to be jealous of that ugly thing. JK

i am not a saturn fan but congrats on the outlook ( i typed acadia first :eek:hno: had to delete and start over)

the ONLY things i like about the outlook is the wood trim and the tan leather seats.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am definitely not a Saturn fan. I've only seen the Outlook in White and Ocean Mist and I wasn't impressed. However, I must say it looks great in Red Jewel! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Thanks for posting them up.

Looks good...but we don't need no stinkin Outlooks here...take that tothe Saturn forum!!!!!

:p

Just kidding with ya. Looks good in that color. 2 reasons Iprefer the Acadia over the Outlook

1 -the grill/front end
2- rear window design..need the pillars backthere otherwise it looks like a space ship

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Red Jewel does look great on the Outlook. Congrats Pepsikid! :thumb:

Regarding preferences.... You state you like the wrap around window. I prefer the non-wrap around window of the Acadia. And the GMC front and center logo. It is nice to have choices. Both are nice looking vehicles.

·
Registered
681 Posts
pepsikid said:
I haven't even taken my wireless headphones out of the box yet - only 7 month old twins!

I figure I'll wait unitl they are around 18 months old to give them the headphones. Is there a suggested age minimum for those things?
My 3 year old did not were headphones until about 2 1/2, I guess you can test and see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do agree with a lot of you. The front grill on the Acadia looks great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I absolutely hate that faux wood trim, it looks like it should be plastered down the side of a station wagon..................now you take your saturn and those pics over to that other forum, this one is for those of us who have chosen the "higher end" vehicle...........of course just kidding since my uncle works at the Springhill Saturn plant I had to take that shot. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
NY_Joe said:
2 reasons I prefer the Acadia over the Outlook

1 -the grill/front end
2- rear window design..need the pillars backthere otherwise it looks like a space ship
Those are the same reasons I prefer the Acadia. And add 3. I prefer the Acadia's taillights over the Outlook. Oh and 4. I don't care for the fake wood trim (had that in my Vue). Having said that, I am actually a Saturn Fan, but the Outlook just didn't do it for me this time around.

It does look pretty good in red jewel though. Not that I'm biased or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Very nice pepsikid! I'm probably in the minority here, but I also really like the hidden D pillars too. But it does make it look more "sporty" and less "truck-like", so depends on what you're going for. Overall, I pretty much agree with other posts on here regarding the differences, but we did start looking at the Saturn first and I would not have been disappointed in it. They're both great looking vehicles!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
johnway said:
pepsikid said:

My 3 year old did not were headphones until about 2 1/2, I guess you can test and see.
My daughter is 18 months right now. I think if I gave her the headphones they would end up in her mouth somehow. If not, they would get seriously gunked up with slobber, goldfish, and milk. I'm thinking 2 1/2 or 3 should be the right time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We actually asked the pediatrician if headphones would be ok for our 2.5 y/o, and he said no problem. She does not get them unless it is an extended (over 30 min) voyage though. She likes rock or scottish or classical, so the radio is usually good for her (today we were listening to Needfire (scottish rock) and she kept saying "Need more fiddle".

And I have already taught her to say "Need more Cowbell" when we listen to BTO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts