GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a silly question but if I turn on the "recycle air" button without turning on the A/C does the A/C turn on anyway? Sure feels like it does.

Ryan

·
Registered
339 Posts
In the scenario you describe, is the light lit on the a/c button? Unless that light is lit, I highly doubt the a/c compressor is actually running.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the light on the AC is not on, but the air coming out is cool. I can't imagine what can cool the air with out the compressor on.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If the recycle button is on, so is the A/C. Some say it is so the air stays dry so that the windows don't fog. If just the A/C light is lit, you are getting outside air with the A/C on. Note: if you have the vents blowing air only on the floor, you cannot turn on the recycle. You have to have then vents only on the upper or upper and floor on. Sorry, only smelly air during cold months.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
khansen30 said:
If the recycle button is on, so is the A/C. Some say it is so the air stays dry so that the windows don't fog. If just the A/C light is lit, you are getting outside air with the A/C on. Note: if you have the vents blowing air only on the floor, you cannot turn on the recycle. You have to have then vents only on the upper or upper and floor on. Sorry, only smelly air during cold months.
khansen30 is correct. When the recycle button is "On", the A/C compressor will be running even though the snowflake/A/C button may not be lit up. It's in the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts