GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help in getting the above for my newly acquired 08 SLT-1. I read quite a few threads on the subject but most of them led me to jpcustoms.com and they seems to be either out of business or their website is down so no joy!

At this stage I am not bothered whether its a aftermarket or factory fitted sat-nav system, as long as i could load different region Maps, plus it must have/support Bluetooth and rear view camera.

I got as far as lockpick (gmx 322) and then came to dead end! I think i would need some sort of idiot's guide for Acadia Sat-Nav! ::)
Apprecaite your help.
cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
Take a look at this one, it is Pioneers top of the line so it's $1800 but it kicks ***. If you don't want to spend that kind of cash look at their other navs, based on what I know they are all good. My friend has a Kenwood in his F-350 and it is also really nice. Maybee the best place to comparison shop would be crutchfield.com.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-Z3

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you're going aftermarket, I would recommend the Kenwood DNX-5120. It has adjustable backlighting, built-in Garmin GPS and is bluetooth and rear camera ready. It can also be had for well under $1000 from various online sources.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanka guys for ur response, much appercaited, so my shopping list shoud look like this!

1. Kenwood DNX-5120 or Pioneers AVIC-Z3
2. GPS NAVIGATION ANTENNA (part no 15255334)
3. lockpick (gmx 322)
4. Rear view camera - Any recomendations?

Any thing else?

Last but not least as i currently live in ME, i would like the option of Garmin Maps as they are availabel here, assuming Pioneers useus their own!
cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
aandm said:
thanka guys for ur response, much appercaited, so my shopping list shoud look like this!

3. lockpick (gmx 322)

Any thing else?

Last but not least as i currently live in ME, i would like the option of Garmin Maps as they are availabel here, assuming Pioneers useus their own!
cheers
I haven't looked at kenwoods web site, but pioneer and eclipse both have cameras on there websites that integrate with the Nav.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
aandm said:

3. lockpick (gmx 322)

Any thing else?

cheers
I think you're a little confused. #2 and #3 above don't go with #1. The Kenwood or Pioneer come with their own GPS antennas - you don't need the OEM one. And the GMX is only for the OEM navigation, not an aftermarket unit. As to backup cameras, I have the SwivelCam - see hitchcam.com for more info. Also have heard about a camera (Sanyo?) that adjusts to remove the fish-eye image around the edges that occurs with other backup cameras - might want to search the forum on that one.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Loach is correct you don't need the antenna or lockpick. Check out this package that crutchfield has, it comes with nav, bluetooth and ipod adapter for $1000. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=182350&i=130AVICD3X&tp=144&tab=other_items&viewAll=True. If you look under accessories on that page you will see the backup cameras that will work directly with that nav for between 200 and 300 dollars. Hope this helps you out. I think it is a very good deal and one of the first packages I have seen that includes the nav, bluetooth and ipod.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thanks for your input, much appreciated. Now i feel much more comfortable, as the confusion is removed. I woud like to go for the aftermaket unit & it would have to be Kenwood, purely for the sat-nav/Garmin maps point of view. I quite like DNX8120, excellent reviews it seems to tick all the boxes.

All i need to do is find a supplier who is willing to ship the unit outside US (ME in my case). BTW crutchfield, while expesive, will not ship outside US. If you have any recomendations (supplier) feel free to list here, otherwise google is my best mate.
cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys now I am torn between Kenwood DNX8120 and Clarion MAX983HD. I like both units but unable to choose, if you have installed any of these units in your Acadia then I would like to know your feedback.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts