GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mentioned to the wife that she needs to be careful in the Acadia because you don't realize how fast you are going. Well, I was returning to OKC from the NHRA drag races in Ennis, Tx, and I was the first one to get a ticket! I guess that my other vehicles haven't been as smooth and quiet as the Acadia. I'm sure that seeing (and feeling) some of the nitro cars go over 300mph had nothing to do with this. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
No but I seem to always find myself speeding. In my old car, I could pretty tell how fast I was going by the road and engine noise. The Acadia is so quiet that I really have a hard time judging. Thank goodness for the HUD.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I came close on my first test drive of the Acadia. Fortunately the tester came equipped with the HUD, and I
slowed down in time :angel: Without the HUD, I probably would have not noticed my speed and blown by the
radar trap going roughly 140kph in a 100kph zone. That experience alone sold me on the HUD :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our Acadia was home with us about 20 hours when I got pulled over! The cop noticed it still "smelled new" and let me off with a warning to "slow down in my new car". I'm grateful for the HUD we have on it and I am always watching to make sure I stay close to the speed limit.

The ride is so smooth it is hard to tell how fast you are going.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got my first ticket in the Acadia over Labor Day weekend but I normally drive pretty fast due to my darn lead foot (should probably have that looked at along with my sweet tooth!!!) I have the HUD but wasn't looking at it at the time. The kids and I were too busy jamming to a song :rock: on the awesome Acadia XM radio with Bose speakers and I didn't notice the speed trap set up with multiple cars pulled over...BUSTED!!! I was clocked going 52 in a 25. It was my first ticket in a few years and my first since moving to Oregon last summer. It was EXPENSIVE and they don't allow you to take defensive driving in Oregon. Bummer!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
No, because our Beltronics RX65 Pro, detected early and has saved me 4 times in wife's Acadia. I have not asked her when around town which she uses every day.. I have same detector in mine. RX65's have paid for themselves couple times over. We have license plate laser protectors too, which do work too!! It is so easy to exceed speed limit, when both of us have lead foots. We need serious protection which is NOT always a guarantee, but better than nothing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Haven't been pulled over but I have had quite a few of the officers I dispatch for come and check the car out. They liked it too. :thumb:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Actually, since I'm a cruise control whore I rarely go more than 10kph over the limit. ;D Unless it's a loooooooooooong stretch of open, empty road... then the legs get a bit of a stretch.

However, this vehicle is a dramatic departure from my police exposure in my previous vehicle, an SRT-4. Even though I had no reason to be pulled over, I was at least once a month in my SRT simply because it "looked" like a street racing vehicle. No tickets and no accidents in over 10 years... but still... pulled over once a month because of what I drove.

Since I've gotten the Acadia I haven't even been given a second glance from the police. Really demonstrates how biased they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts