GMC Acadia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
BobbeD said:
Is there a way to find a new list of recalls? I am a new owner of a 2008 Acadia SLE

Thanks for any info,
Bobbe
Hi Bobbe,

Congratulations on your new Acadia!

Are you currently having a concern with it?

If you’d like, you can private message us your VIN and we can check to see if there are any open recalls or service announcements on your vehicle.

Regards,

Claudia
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had the water pump replaced in my 2010 GMC Acadia (62K miles) because it began leaking a lot of fluid. I didn't realize this was under a special coverage warranty until today.

(#13079: Customer Satisfaction - Water Pump Shaft Seal Leaks - (Apr 5, 2013)
2009-2013 Acadias - Dealers are to check the engine coolant level and, if necessary, add the proper mixture of coolant directly to the radiator and the coolant recovery tank.
THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2015.

#13091: Special Coverage Adjustment - Water Pump Shaft Seal Leaks - (May 20, 2013)
2007-2010 GMC Acadia. This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Does anyone know how to get reimbursed for this repair?
It was performed by my local mechanic and not the dealer. It would make my life much better, because I am also looking at having to replace my timing chain and it doesn't seem like that is covered for a 2010.

(#11340B: Special Coverage Adjustment - Timing Chain Wear - (Jun 29, 2012)
2007 & 2009 Acadias - This special coverage covers the condition described above (under certain driving conditions, and with the vehicle's original oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light) for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.)

I love my Acadia but I am getting very frustrated dropping $$$$$ for repairs that shouldn't happen for another 50K miles.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
the repair reimbursement--

may be iffy.

many times if you paid for it at a dealer- theyll reimburse.
But a private shop--- diff story..

Sometimes if it was an emergency-- maybe.

But there is a form out there--- I think you can contact one of the Cust service folks on here to get a better lead on the forms.

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
Cebuljoe said:
I love my Acadia but I am getting very frustrated dropping $$$$$ for repairs that shouldn't happen for another 50K miles.
Do you dislike dealers so much that you wouldn't read your warranty coverage and let them handle the repairs? What you're talking about would/will be covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speleos said:
Do you dislike dealers so much that you wouldn't read your warranty coverage and let them handle the repairs? What you're talking about would/will be covered under the powertrain warranty.
It's not a matter of disliking the dealer, but the dealer is a 40 minute drive, and the last time I went, it was no longer under warranty. The Powertrain Warranty expired in November 2014. And the BtoB in 2012. However, the Water pump was covered under a special warranty lasting 10 yrs / 100K.

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
Cebuljoe said:
It's not a matter of disliking the dealer, but the dealer is a 40 minute drive, and the last time I went, it was no longer under warranty. The Powertrain Warranty expired in November 2014. And the BtoB in 2012. However, the Water pump was covered under a special warranty lasting 10 yrs / 100K.
You're not too far from the warranty timewise. What about mileage? Let's assume you maintained the vehicle well. It might be worth your time to contact the forum GMC Customer Service rep - not just about the water-pump reimbursement, add the timing chains to your message and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Long story short, when we had our 2007 Acadia and front wheel bearing Assy went bad, local shop repaired. I e-mailed GMC customer service with copy of the repair invoice....bla, blah. They came back and said to take the faulty wheel bearing assy to the Service Manager at our GMC dealer to verify. It was verified by the Service Manager and all resolved in two weeks time. Received $325.00 check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
teetertotter said:
Long story short, when we had our 2007 Acadia and front wheel bearing Assy went bad, local shop repaired. I e-mailed GMC customer service with copy of the repair invoice....bla, blah. They came back and said to take the faulty wheel bearing assy to the Service Manager at our GMC dealer to verify. It was verified by the Service Manager and all resolved in two weeks time. Received $325.00 check.
Thanks. I will try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found out that my Acadia needs a new steering pump and whatever associated parts. I've had steering problem with my 07 Acadia for years and after calling GM (some time ago) and had them annotate it and after going to the dealer telling me that nothing was wrong with it. The noise and the hard turning started to get worse. So I take it to another dealer (3rd one) and they said that it was my pump and there was service bulletin on it and that because of my cars mileage (2K over) that GMC would not cover the cost est. of around $1200. I was just trying to understand why didn't GMC contact me to let me know that since I reported this problem a very long time ago that they didn't try to resolve their steering problem with me by communicating with a simple letter to get it fixed earlier. I can understand that mishaps and vehicle repairs are inevitable but I do see a failure with communicating to GMC Acadia owners of an already documented issue and GMC not taking steps to resolve that issue with one of it's customers. :eek:hno: :banghead: :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
CrazieHorse said:
... I've had steering problem with my 07 Acadia for years and after calling GM (some time ago) and had them annotate it and after going to the dealer telling me that nothing was wrong with it. The noise and the hard turning started to get worse. So I take it to another dealer (3rd one) and they said that it was my pump and there was service bulletin on it and that because of my cars mileage (2K over) that GMC would not cover the cost est. of around $1200. ...
If you can document the original complaint(s), you might stand a chance with help from GMC. Contact the forum's GMC Customer Service rep. and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for wiper inop on intermittent speeds except high......i used scan tool to observe status of switch while going through speeds and found that no matter what speed it was on, it only worked on high, but the status for switch remained off at all times ..even when wipers were working on high......i think its a default setting as to not loose wipers all together

ended up replacing turn signal/wiper switch and everything works.........hope this helps

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
I've updated the list through today. There is an old TSB list floating around that hasn't been updated in eons, but the TSB list gets incredibly long as each model year goes along and isn't relevant to really anyone but the mechanics. The Recall / Campaign / Special Policy list is more relevant to owners, and that has been updated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I received a notice this week for my 2017 Acadia:

GM Program #:
N172083050
Date Issued:
Mar 31, 2017
Program Title:

Battery Negative cable Nut Under-Torqued

Program Description:

Certain 2017 model year Cadillac XT5 and GMC Acadia vehicles may have a condition in which the battery negative cable nut is under-torqued. In rare occurrences, this may lead to an increased potential for erratic, intermittent electrical symptoms including: door lock cycling, instrument cluster inoperative, unwanted downshifts, loss of radio display and audio, illumination of malfunction indicator lamp(s), driver information center messages, lights turning off, no start, loss of propulsion, and/or loss of power steering assist.

Repair Description:

Torque the battery negative cable nut to specified torque.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts
About this Discussion
139 Replies
56 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing