GMC Acadia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Arkansasdave said:
Took my Acadia in to get the headlight connections replaced according to the letter I received from GM and they informed me that there was another recall on my Acadia and wanted to know if I wanted them to take care of it while they were working on it. I decided to check into it before I let them do it, he said it was recall number N1000085 not sure what that is exactly but he said it was what he showed on his list. Anyway looked on here a little and on the net and didn't see it mentioned. It was supposed to be air bag wiring harness replacement? anybody else had that done? I know what that is pretty much but I didn't want to mess with my air bag wiring unless I really need to.

thanks.
AD
Dave,

I think the recall you are interested in is listed in the Master Recall Thread - http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=10487.0

Check your Acadia's VIN# with the one's listed in this bulletin.

Here's that recall:

#10085D: Customer Satisfaction - Airbag Readliness Light/Service Airbag Message - Replace Connectors - (Sep 1, 2011)

Subject: 10085D – Airbag Readiness Light/Service Airbag Message – Replace Connectors

Models: 2008 Buick Enclave
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
2008 GMC Acadia
2010 Pontiac G6
2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

The Service Procedure in this bulletin has been revised. All vehicles will now require the replacement of the front seat-mounted side impact airbag connectors.
Please discard all copies of bulletin 10085C, issued November 2010.
Condition
Certain 2008 model year Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles, and 2010 model year Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 vehicles may experience wear which could lead to corrosion in the connector terminal pins at the connection between the body main wiring harness and the front driver and passenger side impact air bag. Over time, the wear may result in a resistance value that sets a SERVICE AIR BAG System warning message in the Driver Information Center (DIC). The seat side impact air bag would continue to be fully functional. Over time, and if the SERVICE AIR BAG System DIC warning message is ignored, the resistance could increase to a level in which the seat side impact air bag may not deploy when commanded in a side impact crash.

Correction
Dealers are to replace the front seat-mounted side impact airbag connectors..

Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2008 model year Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles, and 2010 model year Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 vehicles built within these VIN breakpoints:

Year

Division

2008 Buick Enclave 8J162224-8J266444

2008 GMC Acadia 8J162223-8J266443

2008 Saturn OUTLOOK 8J162227-8J266442

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Arkansasdave,
If you would like for us to get more information on any open recalls on your vehicle, can we have you send us the last 8 digits of your VIN?
Sarah (Assisting Michelle), GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there a current list of TSB's for the 2013 model year Acadia's?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Too new, I don't think they have come out with any TSB's for the 2013's yet, I don't think they hit the showrooms until late November / early December...

Sgt1411 said:
Is there a current list of TSB's for the 2013 model year Acadia's?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a new recall - posted in the Master Recall Thread - ( and, I got a notice from my dealer):

#13079: Customer Satisfaction - Water Pump Shaft Seal Leaks - (Apr 5, 2013)
Dealers are to check the engine coolant level and, if necessary, add the proper mixture of coolant directly to the radiator and the coolant recovery tank.
THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2015.

So, if the pump is really leaking, what happens after this first visit? In other words, why doesn't the recall simply ask the owner to check the coolant level, and, if it is below the Full mark when cold, then bring the vehicle in for the dealer to take a look at the water pump? Are we owners no longer responsible for, or, capable of, checking the coolant level? Yes, I do know that adding the wrong mixture of water and antifreeze can create major problems.

Maybe I am missing something here. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Donald

·
Registered
807 Posts
acadiadon said:
Here is a new recall - posted in the Master Recall Thread - ( and, I got a notice from my dealer):

Dealers are to check the engine coolant level and, if necessary, add the proper mixture of coolant directly to the radiator and the coolant recovery tank.

So, if the pump is really leaking, what happens after this first visit? In other words, why doesn't the recall simply ask the owner to check the coolant level, and, if it is below the Full mark when cold, then bring the vehicle in for the dealer to take a look at the water pump? Are we owners no longer responsible for, or, capable of, checking the coolant level? Yes, I do know that adding the wrong mixture of water and antifreeze can create major problems.

Maybe I am missing something here. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Donald
I went to the dealer to get my seat fixed in the 2012 yesterday. The informed me that they performed a recall. I asked for more info, and they explained. They told me my level was good and they didn't notice any leaks. I replied with, "Yup... I topped it off when I changed my oil about 1k mi ago." At that time I didn't find any leaks either. And I know I looked much harder then the dealer tech did. He got paid 1/4 of an hr to check my fluid level... good for him.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
acadiadon said:

This is NOT a recall. It is a customer satisfaction campaign similar to the OLM calibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the helpful clarification. I guess I was confused by the following notice from my dealer:

"URGENT RECALL[/color] NOTICE
Our records show that your '12 Acadia is included in a GM recall[/color] campaign.
Etc., etc., ...

**THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT**

Etc., etc., ..."

I will have to admit that this is the first notice of this type I have received from this dealer.
And, I have received nothing directly from GM, like the windshield wiper thingy. Maybe their notice will be a little more clear. Or, maybe not.

Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a very good discussion of this "campaign" on the Traverse Forum

( I can't post a link, sorry)

It seems that the word "recall" is being used inappropriately by some people for this particular problem.

It also seems that the problem may be due to a low coolant fill at the factory, which causes problems for the water pump. When the coolant is topped off, the pump works fine.

Unless, of course, the low coolant has caused the pump seals to fail...

Thanks to all who responded to my post.

Donald

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
acadiadon said:
It seems that the word "recall" is being used inappropriately by some people for this particular problem.
This word is a common term to mean more than just recall; it's overused and misleading

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hello Donald,

I would like to assist you with this letter you received. Would you be able to provide me with your VIN? I can then check for open recalls for you. Thank you!

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

acadiadon said:
Thanks for the helpful clarification. I guess I was confused by the following notice from my dealer:

"URGENT RECALL[/color] NOTICE
Our records show that your '12 Acadia is included in a GM recall[/color] campaign.
Etc., etc., ...

**THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT**

Etc., etc., ..."

I will have to admit that this is the first notice of this type I have received from this dealer.
And, I have received nothing directly from GM, like the windshield wiper thingy. Maybe their notice will be a little more clear. Or, maybe not.

Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jessica,

Thanks for offering to help. I sent you a message today - I hope.

If you don't receive it, never mind. This issue has been resolved for me - I guess I will have to take my car to the dealer and let them check my coolant level. What a waste of time....

Donald

·
Registered
94 Posts
acadiadon said:
Including GM. I received a notice from my dealer stating "IMPORTANT RECALL INFORMATION .... the following recall campaigns have not been completed on your vehicle: 13079. Please contact us as soon as possible."

Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
tewatson said:
Including GM. I received a notice from my dealer stating "IMPORTANT RECALL INFORMATION .... the following recall campaigns have not been completed on your vehicle: 13079. Please contact us as soon as possible."

Tom
I also recv'd the same e-mail from my dealer.
What is the 13079?

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
ELO168 said:
I also recv'd the same e-mail from my dealer.
What is the 13079?
It's to take your vehicle in to the dealer to have them check, and top off if necessary, the coolant level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently had one of my daytime running lights (DRL) go out. So, when I researched what it took to replace them I was shocked to find out the difficulty involved (removing the front tire and wheel well molding). I decided to purchase some quality LED lights to replace all of the incandescent lights in the headlight housing. Thereby reducing the probability of needing to replace any of those bulbs for quite a while, if ever.

I found some nice LED lights from carid.com (nice user-friendly website with quality looking products) that I will have installed. So, I called my local dealer to schedule and appointment, just to find out that there is a very recent recall that has something to do with the headlight housing gasket. The recall number is N130135. So, I'm just going to wait for my local dealer to get the part kit in so that they can address this issue at no cost to me.

The service department said that the recall was posted around June 25, 2013. But, I haven't found it listed anywhere online yet, so I wanted to pass the info along. I'm not sure who all it applies to, but I have a 2010 GMC Acadia SLT2.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Recall / Campaign master thread updated with airbag recall information.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
101 - 120 of 140 Posts
About this Discussion
139 Replies
56 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing